Cabin door not closing fully

14 minutes ago, skydvrboy said:

No doubt, to be more precise, I believe it is a hinge issue. Probably from someone using the door to bear their weight getting out, repeatedly slamming it, or the wind catching it and springing the hinge. From the outside you can see the top is very slightly out. I think a 1/2” gasket instead of the 1/4” would solve the gap issue.  Adjusting the top latch may also work. To fix it back to factory would most likely involve a 2x4 and a big hammer, but I don’t want to go with something that drastic.

As a point of reference for you, the door tolerances on my F are tight enough to look as if the airplane was first built without a door and then the door panel cut from the existing structure. It makes the door gaps on my BMW look huge.  No drafts even in sub zero temps at altitude.