Catalina fly in - brand new runway

JohnB

Catalina Fly In - New runway - Preferred dates  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Catalina airport reopening May 3 Friday 3pm after the military re did it, no more potholes! How bout a Catalina Fly In? Mooney style! Dates preferred:

• Saturday May 4
    • Sunday May 5
    • Saturday May 11
    • Sunday May 12
    • Weekend in June
    • Weekend in July (before Oshkosh)

2 hours ago, JohnB said:

Alrighty looks like it’s this weekend with the most votes. I just got a request for a dog rescue flight Saturday so this Sunday would work better for me but if everyone can only do Saturday, I’ll move the pups!  

I might be able to come by on sunday after coming back from kernvalley.

• Like 1

Great!! Flight is ON for Sunday July 7th at Catalina island. I’ll plan on being there at around noon, and I promise not to eat all of the buffalo burgers before you can get there. :)

John “Paws” B

• Like 1

Great!! Flight is ON for Sunday July 7th at Catalina island. I’ll plan on being there at around noon, and I promise not to eat all of the buffalo burgers before you can get there.
John “Paws” B

Sounds Fun!

I’m planning to get up to Sun River in Sunday. If not, I’ll join you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Sounds Fun!

I’m planning to get up to Sun River in Sunday. If not, I’ll join you.

You guys should do Catalina Saturday and Sunriver Sunday...:)

I hate to do it but I won’t be able to make it to Catalina this month. I had the opportunity and the okay from the boss to go to Oshkosh for the first time this year so that will take up my planning for this month. If there is a group plan to fly down in August I can probably make that work. Have a great time.

Heading to Catalina in a few. I’ll be the guy in the Mooney Hat directing Mooney traffic to the special dirt parking area. Hah! 

Marine layer should burn off by noonish so I’m planning for 1pm for  now,  will keep an eye on the weather as we don’t need to do an imc approach just to have some burgers :)

Edited by JohnB
  • Like 1