Txbyker

2005 Ovation 2GX, WAAS, 310HP**SOLD**

Recommended Posts

 

All, my mission is changing and I have decided to sell my company plane. It is listed through All American Aircraft. Contact Jimmy Garrison for more info. It will go on Controller in a week or so but this is a Facebook posting from AllAmerican...

 

This one is just too nice not to take a peek at. One of the most meticulous owners I have ever met (keeps the plane on jacks in his hangar to preserve the shock disc elasticity) and maintained by arguably the most meticulous mechanic in the Mooney world (Brian Kendrick - former director of maintenance at Mooney). No expense spared. Corporate ownership with an open checkbook.

2005 Mooney Ovation G-1000,

WAAS Equipped.

ADS-B Equipped.

Air Conditioned.

Excellent P and I.

4-Blade MT Prop (First I have seen on an Ovation - smooth and quiet).

310hp Upgraded - Climbs like a Rocketship combined with the 4-blade.

AOA with heads up display (HUD).

Glass backups to G-1000.

Oxygen.

LED Landing/Taxi/Strobe/Beacon Lights.

<1100 hours

 

$279,000

 

656e340c3c45d658dcbbc64757bf63ad.jpg

 

cb035e9d50b50d72d1b76f789a63f279.jpg

 

d6c232326b1cf1f1baa54cfbb22822f2.jpg

 

08930b14c24084181a525dbc89b0ac66.jpg

 

Jimmy Garrison

Office 830-438-4081

Cell 210-872-1110

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

Russ that beautiful R should go quickly, good luck with your new choice

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I replied to Jimmy when I got his listing email. If it had fiki I’d write you a check no questions asked.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is one dream Ovation - beautiful.  Good luck to you and the lucky buyer!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mooney Dream Machine, for sale!

:)

What is going to take its place,TBM?

-a-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, AlexR said:

What are the airframe and engine times?

Today = 1065 both airframe and engine.  Compressions and Blackstone oil samples both good.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful aircraft.  Owner clearly does it right.

Question:  Have heard G1000 and STEC combination will NOT shoot coupled GPS approach with vertical guidance?  thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BelAir said:

Beautiful aircraft.  Owner clearly does it right.

Question:  Have heard G1000 and STEC combination will NOT shoot coupled GPS approach with vertical guidance?  thx

It does shoot coupled approaches with vertical guidance however Mooney makes installers mark it not supported.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 10:25 AM, jgarrison said:

 Ad says it’s a 3GX but side of plane clearly says 2GX. I’m not a knowledgeable mooney guy, but is this correct? 

 

As a side note, I wish I had the budget for something like this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mcoyne34 said:

 Ad says it’s a 3GX but side of plane clearly says 2GX. I’m not a knowledgeable mooney guy, but is this correct? 

 

As a side note, I wish I had the budget for something like this. 

Mcoyne,

Expect the 310hp engine to be the difference...

the difference is the O3 got 310hp from the factory... an O2 would have come with 280hp... and got an upgrade along the way...

The GX denotes the fancy package of stuff the plane comes with from the factory...

 

Get a ride in an O3 powered Mooney... it is a memory that will stay with you from the moment you push the throttle in... :)

PP thoughts only, not a plane sales guy...

Best regards,

-a-

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Mcoyne,

Expect the 310hp engine to be the difference...

the difference is the O3 got 310hp from the factory... an O2 would have come with 280hp... and got an upgrade along the way...

The GX denotes the fancy package of stuff the plane comes with from the factory...

 

Get a ride in an O3 powered Mooney... it is a memory that will stay with you from the moment you push the throttle in... :)

PP thoughts only, not a plane sales guy...

Best regards,

-a-

I decided to do my commercial and CFI in a 172 so I could teach my son to fly it and I had my first flight today. Flew in with my 310 HP Ovation. We got into the 172, and I rotated and climbed out at Vy thinking there was something wrong with the engine because the climb was so anemic. The instructor said “no, this is pretty normal for a 172.” Hadn’t  flown one in 15 years. 

310 HP is awesome!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The C172 makes you feel super human, capable of Cog speeds that can keep you way ahead of the plane....   :)

-a-

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such a beautiful plane!  I only wish it had Fiki.  It is a little early in my search for a plane, but this is at the top of my list.  I sincerely hope that you sell it soon and yet,  hope it is still for sale when I am ready to buy it.  Those two things are probably opposed statements.

Tell me a little more about that 4 blade prop!  I can assume it weighs less than a metal 3 blade?  Performance difference?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mb,

I’ll send a note to Russ that you are asking... @Txbyker

The Prop is the latest from MT-propellers... Composite and sounds extra cool compared to the aluminum props...

http://www.mt-propellerusa.com/en/mtusa/stcs/mooney_8.htm

PP thoughts only, I have not seen Russ’s fabulous bird in person...

Best regards,

-a-

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Anthony.  It is under contract.  The 4 blade is awesome, quiet, and an effortless pull on the 310hp IO 550.  RPM change is almost instantaneous.  I am not flying much anymore with the business and wife doesn't fly thus the sale.  Maybe a supercub....

Russ

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Russ, so glad this is under contract, but sorry you’ll be leaving the Ovation ranks.  My advice to anyone looking to buy this airplane...given the maintenance history we both enjoy...would be “pay the owner what he wants, it’s worth every penny”.  :-)

Let me know if you need anything.  Don’t be a stranger.

Steve

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, carusoam said:

Mb,

I’ll send a note to Russ that you are asking... @Txbyker

The Prop is the latest from MT-propellers... Composite and sounds extra cool compared to the aluminum props...

http://www.mt-propellerusa.com/en/mtusa/stcs/mooney_8.htm

PP thoughts only, I have not seen Russ’s fabulous bird in person...

Best regards,

-a-

Ok, this is a super cool prop!  Thanks Carusoam for giving the link.  This will being a must have.

Congratulations on getting this incredible bird under contract.  Keep us posted if the sale doesn't go through or if the new owner becomes an MSer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just some ballpark numbers for planning purposes...these props go for about $18k these days...over $20k with the TKS slinger rings and blade overshoes for the FiKi installations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2019 at 6:50 PM, NJMac said:

I replied to Jimmy when I got his listing email. If it had fiki I’d write you a check no questions asked.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If it had FIKI, your check would have to be bigger  :):)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.