leaking gast tank

Htmlkid

Probably just a repair.   If it's not leaking much you can manage it until it meets the "leak" criteria in the manual, which is more or less that it has to leave a stain or puddle on the floor.

Depending on where the leak is, another thing to check is the gaskets for the fuel senders.

3 hours ago, Htmlkid said:

Just curious, Im looking at a Mooney M20F who's tanks were resealed in 2011 and now one has developed a very small leak. Im assuming they are going to need to be resealed again????

Who did the reseal in 2011 and where is it leaking? Mine were stripped and resealed in 2012 before I bought the plane by Wetwingologists. The LH was great but the RH would leak if I put more than 20 gallons in it. Wetwingologists would fix it under warranty (even though expired by time) but I would have to get it across the country to them. None of the AP/IA's that I know wanted to break into it (I am assuming because they don't want to have to deal with another leak and then another and a plane owner wanting them to fix all of them.

Long story short (I'll make a different thread with pictures later and post in my blog) but my AP/IA was willing to have me be the one to open it up and see what can be seen and approve the work. I suppose then it's on me and I can't keep bugging him about it. I was able to find the spot that was leaking, patch that small spot last Saturday and now I can fill it all he way with no leaks.

• Like 2

I know many will probably laugh at my suggestion....I had a leak on a bottom rivet underneath the tank....I cleaned it up and smeared some fuel lube on it...the leak stopped and it has been stopped for over a month...when it leaks again, I will do the fuel lube again until it doesn't resolve it.

23 minutes ago, Cody Stallings said:

There is a Chemical(glue) we have to use as a corrosion barrier on Hartzell Propellers that works really good.

Its a 3M product EC-776.

Says it’s a fuel resistant coating.

Fixed several leaks on my 67F Model with it.

Good stuff.

How did you apply it and to what kinds of leaks?