Two non-pilots steal plane?

http://www.thegleaner.com/

There is a whole lot more to this story...

Shortly after 2 p.m. Thursday, the plane owner’s wife spoke with 14 News.

She said Tucker was a good friend of theirs and was keeping the plane for her husband because they didn’t have room after recently moving. The wife says Tucker did not have authorization from her husband to make the flight, but it was not stolen.

According to the owner’s wife, a few hours before the crash, Tucker flew to South Carolina to pick her husband up for a flight. After returning from the flight and dropping the owner off, Tucker returned to his home.

She tells us, shortly after leaving their home it appears Tucker and Hill left in the plane.

Edited by BKlott

9 hours ago, tigers2007 said:

Yeah I'd say there is more to this "story":

Crashed plane in Henderson contained duffel bag with cash and cocaine

“The FAA said while Tucker may have been a student pilot, he was restricted from having passengers.”

Seems like the cocaine would be a bigger issue.

We still use it sometimes for nosebleeds in the ER. I remember when I worked in LA this kid was on the phone with his friend “I came in for a nosebleed and they’re giving me cocaine! This is so LA!”

Fortunate that no one one the ground was injured.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yetti said:

Lots of people using their privileges for nefarious reasons.   https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Cocaine-meth-found-on-plane-landing-in-Lexington-420313513.html

New innovative ways to pay the ramp fees.

Well the first out of the three traffickers on board the 2017 Hawker 800 incident you linked (200lbs cocaine, 40lb meth), Issac Basilio Rosas, received nine years in Club Fed. After he serves 85% of his sentence he will be deported to Mexico. The other two clowns plead guilty and received 10 to life (I couldn't find the sentencing for them). I wonder what happened to the pilots and the plane!

On 4/26/2019 at 11:44 AM, steingar said:

Darwin in action.

Too old.  Probably already sired some kids.

In fact one would think it would be incredibly unlikely that a couple of guys who lived to be in their late '40's would try such a thing.   It is amazing they made it to that age??   Usually this kind of thing is the domain of the early 20-somethings or late teens.

11 hours ago, Fred₂O said:

Landing is easy- every flight is guaranteed to land.   Not dying while trying requires some skill.  :huh:

Returning to earth is easy. "Landing" is not, just look at this flight . . . . It did the former, but certainly not the latter! 

I saw a photo on the internets with a finger pointing to where the aircraft was found when airport staff arrived later that morning; on the grass close to the center of the runway. 

KathrynsReport.jpg  

KathrynsReport.jpg

KathrynsReport.jpg

"KSP said investigators believe Tucker and Hill were likely in the Henderson area looking for a fueling stop to continue their journey.

The Bellanca 17-30A Super Viking 300A the two men were flying ran out of fuel and caused the engine to stall, KSP said.

According to investigators, the plane fell nose-first to the ground – ultimately killing Hill and Tucker.

Several duffel bags were found containing personal belongings, authorities said. However, one duffel bag found contained money and suspected cocaine, KSP said.

On Thursday, the wife of the aircraft’s owner told WEHT the aircraft was not taken, but it was not authorized to be flown.

According to FAA records, the owner of the Bellanca 17-30A is Jonathan P Byler."

Well I could guess that the Byler's will be getting unexpected visits from various three-letter agencies for the next year.