Time between 3rd class cert and submission?

4 hours ago, midlifeflyer said:

The rule is based on your age on the day you did the exam. Since you were under 40 when you got the medical, it is good for 60 calendar months for private pilot operations. 

That's why I got mine the week before I turned 40. :D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Marauder said:

I was skeptical of BasicMed when it rolled out. It was reported some primary care physicians were refusing to do them. I was certain my physician would not do it. When he agreed to do it, I was shocked. He told me it is like the physicals he gives for truck drivers.

Exactly what mine said. Actually, since CDL exams were apparently  taken away, her concern was whether she was allowed to do it.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 2:42 PM, Runway37 said:

Yes, AME has reviewed my application, and before submitting anything told me what the FAA would be requesting in addition to the app. I have all that and it looks good.

As I understand it, if the FAA requests additional information/documentation you have to supply said documentation within 15 days. I dont know if this is correct; just think I read it somewhere.

So the strategy is use a knowledgeable AME and submit everything at once.

In future ask the question and know all this prior to submitting.  Your AME can tell you a lot of things but once you submit there is nothing they can do.  Bruce Chien specializes in hard medical issues.  Again he can work magic but it has to happen prior to submission.  If you have a robotic goat heart that can be resolved prior to submission, after the fact it is more difficult.

So much of what we see on these forums are the questions after the fact.  It might take 3 months or you might never get one.  It is what it is now and you wait.  Anyone with a concern in future get the answers prior, not after please. 

I agree.

My original post was to find out the time frame from submission to certificate issue (assuming supporting documentation would need to be included with submission). I got that - three months or so. Thread drift caused the discussion to include the best strategy for submitting all this, and I'm glad it did as I got extremely valuable info and now feel I will have the best chance for success.

I haven't submitted yet.

Thanks for the info on Dr.  Bruce Chien.

Your last sentence is good advice.

I wish everything worked as well as MS:D.