F Model for sale on Ebay

52 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Who arranged that 6-pack?? Not an instrument rated pilot.

Probably the same blind soul who put the N-number on the panel with 1" black-and-white mailbox numbers, and printed the compass correction "sheet" there on the panel . . . .

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, TonyK said:

Broader scope question.  Has anyone on the board ever purchased an airplane on or heard of anyone purchasing an airplane on Ebay?  If so how did it work out?

I have purchased a plane off of eBay. It was EXACTLY as represented. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TonyK said:

Broader scope question.  Has anyone on the board ever purchased an airplane on or heard of anyone purchasing an airplane on Ebay?  If so how did it work out?

The classic quote is "I have sold a lot of planes with eBay, but none through eBay".  It is cheap advertising, but the deals on planes are done off of eBay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

Who arranged that 6-pack?? Not an instrument rated pilot.

Half are correct, but sure how many tries it took.......:)

2 hours ago, Hank said:

Probably the same blind soul who put the N-number on the panel with 1" black-and-white mailbox numbers, and printed the compass correction "sheet" there on the panel . . . .

lol, compass card? I thought it was a spreadsheet for a major X-country

IMHO, the owner upgraded all the wrong stuff.  Perhaps an owner who never flew, or maybe someone who hired pilots to fly him around.

Why on earth would you put a beautiful paint job on it before closing up the cowl or the doing the 201 mod?  One makes you go faster, the other makes you go "ooh, pretty!"

Why would you spend all that money on a great interior and fly behind the mixed up instruments, a JPI 700, and the original fuel and temp gauges?

• Like 3

If you ever have to consider getting your spouse to come along....

Old paint and shabby interior won’t do it.... (keeps parents at bay as well)

All the touchscreens, 310hp, and fancy prop... screaming acceleration on T/O, red lights blinking on a JPI... probably won’t help either...

Pick your spouse carefully...  :)

Make sure they fly before asking the question.   or... roll your dice....

PP thoughts about why people do what they do.... not a therapist.

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TonyK said:

I bought a now ovation off ebay.

• Thanks 1

Not sure how it worked out...? Last seen, Niko was parked on the side of the road marked Rt 66! :)

All kinds of planes get sold using all kinds of methods... EBay, Trade a Plane, controller... or our own MSer hosts WingSwap...

Some people just use MS... others list with their local MSC...

The important thing to know is what resource is your buyer going to use...?

If I google Ovation for sale... eBay might have it listed, as will the other sites... google will find them all...

Controller is more used by pros selling for a business...

Trade a plane seems to be 1/2 pros, 1/2 individuals...

Ebay has everything and is hard to separate what you are looking for.... planes from magazines, and parts....

For high end Mooneys... go to controller... AAA lists everything there.

For more affordable Mooneys... TAP has them very well organized.

For fun try out @M20FanJesse‘s https://www.wingswap.com/search?category=1&manufacturer=43

Best regards,

-a-

I bought a car off Ebay.  Seller and I made arrangements to meet up, car was as represented and he got his money.  An airplane is a different animal.  I'm not going to spend the coin and time to examine it when I could be outbid by someone else.  But if I win the auction I am contracted to buy the airplane, but I don't want to be because I still want a PPI.

18 hours ago, TonyK said:

I bought a C-150 off of eBay for $11k. 480 SMOH and all logs. Eight owners. Crashed twice. FAA dude in OKC said I’d be hard pressed to find a damage-free one. He referred to it as the “Ford Pinto of aircraft” and that everyone has owned one and one point. No pre-buy. Seller had a solid pedigree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My E came from EBay. If i had the same lame initial purchase budget, I'd do it again. If i knew better I would have spent more upfront and let the prior owner pay for my upgrades. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

23 hours ago, TonyK said:

Yes, I bought mine on e-bay.  The seller (a Dallas A&P mechanic) had been talking to Don Maxwell  who had made an offer, but the seller wanted more money.  I won the bid, and then negotiated to look at the airplane and do a pre-buy (which was done by Russel Stallings).   The plane had been in a  hangar in Dallas for 26 years in pieces.  I guess it is easier to take apart an airplane that is already mostly apart, and assess its condition, knowing you planned to rebuild everything.

John Breda

• Like 2

On 4/22/2019 at 1:54 PM, Chopper Dog said:

@Chopper Dog  The ebaydesc.com site was hacked in the past as part of a phishing scam.  If you entered your ebay name and  password from there, it gets stolen.  I do not trust that link. 

This is the ebay.com link for anyone who prefers it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Mooney-M20F-Exec-21-Logs-Complete-Always-Hangared/323654202587?hash=item4b5b4b34db:g:FbcAAOSwqiJcM4oY