Bingo, bango, TANGO

6 hours ago, Browncbr1 said:

The Sierra has a completely different clamping design using two independent springs and ear cups are more comfortable.  It feels lighter to me too.. 

The zulu uses basically a metal leaf spring head band.  it sucks... Even if the zulu were $600, I'd still buy the sierra... it's just better in every way IMHO.. 

I've always found it interesting that the most important thing about headsets is not the quality or performance, but the comfort that matters most to people- and how every individual finds different things comfortable.

Some of the original Bose headsets came out about 20 years ago, and cost $995- even back then.  I was using a Peltor at the time, and borrowed a friend's Bose.  After 45 minutes it felt like God Himself was pushing an ice pick through the top of my skull.  I hated it and went back to my Peltor.  I ended up with about 7,000 hours wearing Peltors and still like them- but the Bose is hands-down the better headset.

11 hours ago, Andy95W said:

I've always found it interesting that the most important thing about headsets is not the quality or performance, but the comfort that matters most to people- and how every individual finds different things I omfortable.

Some of the original Bose headsets came out about 20 years ago, and cost $995- even back then.  I was using a Peltor at the time, and borrowed a friend's Bose.  After 45 minutes it felt like God Himself was pushing an ice pick through the top of my skull.  I hated it and went back to my Peltor.  I ended up with about 7,000 hours wearing Peltors and still like them- but the Bose is hands-down the better headset.

Yea, I prefer my bose X over the zulu3...   the sierra/tango over the bose x...   and then my in ear headset over all of them..  

the bose A20 is good and comfortable, but if your battery dies, you can't hear anything...  

If anyone is interested in them. $300, works great. If I didn’t have an abundance of headsets I would keep them. Five extra mic covers so you don’t have to kiss me....:)

d033ed9a93ea10df99d7545d13deb827.jpgb54a686337f454866bebaffd3909fae4.jpg24639077091ed5c190aef3c78de8fe9b.jpg51e55966b456ea2618d5641236d24073.jpg9ab2054e489f3186bfa0fcf8faf60389.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Another very satisfied Zulu.3 owner here.  :)  Lately I haven't even been turning the ANR on; it works great as a passive also.  Nice to know if my battery dies in flight, it's barely worth a yawn.  And the few times I've needed them, Lightspeed customer support has been fantastic.

• Like 1