You be the judge

I think my wife has decided the she is retired.  So with time on her hands, she comes across some interesting deals.  In her Craig's List searches of "free stuff" she came across a free signal light.  It is a newer one, all made of plastic, but the actual size of a true metal street signal light.  Perfect for that corner in the hangar, but in the process of reviewing what I need to get this thing lit up, I found an "alarming" similarly between the manufacturers logo and our Mooney logo.  Bordering on copyright infringement? You be the judge.  

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I think trademarks generally don't cross industry boundaries.   In other words, if signal lights aren't likely to be confused for light aircraft, it's not really an infringement.    There are lots of trademark similarities that would otherwise be problematic, but because they're different industries and not likely to be confused they are distinct, e.g., a red star represents various sporting teams around the world for soccer, lacrosse, football, etc., a famous beer (Heineken), a large American retailer (Macy's), etc., etc.   There are many examples like this.

FYI, guys this was more so a shot at my wife than an actual question about trade mark registration.  She is way to young to consider retirement, let alone the fact that now she has too much time to create more projects for me.