64C Carpet replacement question -

1 hour ago, ragedracer1977 said:
  • My carpet had slits in it.  If you call SCS interiors they should have a pattern.  I know, because I sent them my original to create a template.  ;)

Just looked them up. A very reasonable option for carpet. Thanks for the recommendation. So you didn’t have to remove or disconnect any linkages?

4 minutes ago, ragedracer1977 said:

Nope,  just had to unscrew the flap/trim indicator cover

Next question - did it come with the little boots for the linkages? Did you have to cut to get the old one off? Sorry - 20 questions anddddd I’m taking this task on last minute so - not much time to research. 

My 65C had a carpet that fit over the top of the wheel well.... it required the links to be disassembled... for fitting...

A slit and Velcro would work pretty well, with enough planning...

And the flap indicator had to be removed and put back in place...

Best regards,

-a-

I learned he hard way...however you choose to install it, do NOT cut into the edge binding on the carpet- it will unravel and then take far too much time to make a passable repair.

If you want to install it without removing any rods-  cut a slit up the center of the carpet from the firewall side , stopping short of the flap rod, from there, you branch out with cuts to each rod that protrudes through the carpet. This way, The binding stays intact all the way around the wheel house. After you glue it all down, the slit up the center will not be visible if you join the edges of the slit together carefully.

Just one of many ways to do it, I am sure...

On 4/20/2019 at 5:19 PM, ragedracer1977 said:
  • My carpet had slits in it.  If you call SCS interiors they should have a pattern.  I know, because I sent them my original to create a template.  ;)

I'm completely satisfied with my SCS purchase. There was a fit issue, but they took very good care of me.

carpet1.jpg

carpet2.jpg

I’m talking to SCS - can you send me what name your pattern may be under?

And let us know what kind of pricing they are offering these days. I was quoted $1,000 for 3 pieces (runners under the seats and baggage compartment floor). It was in wool and had bound edges, but really, can it be that much?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

And let us know what kind of pricing they are offering these days. I was quoted $1,000 for 3 pieces (runners under the seats and baggage compartment floor). It was in wool and had bound edges, but really, can it be that much?

Just for the record,

I just spent less then $900 with shipping on Airtex carpet for my F. It includes runners under seats, baggage compartment and carpet side panels... I should finish install this weekend. 

• Like 1

Nothing like fresh carpet, in an old Mooney...

Especially when the old carpet has that familiar blue tinge of 100LL stained in it. 

SCSinteriors is a member here if you want to contact them through MS.... I left out the @ sign.... to not alert them for no reason... :)

Best regards,

-a-