RBD Dallas Fly-in

DonMuncy

I am gearing up to host what is becoming an annual event. I am looking at Saturday May 18 unless I find some problem with that date. 

It will be, get there around 11:00 AM, with lunch at about 12:00 at Delta Charlie's restaurant on the field at Dallas Executive (RBD).

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder to all of the annual Dallas Executive Fly-in on Saturday May 18. Come in around 10 to 11:00. Eat about 12:00 at Delta Charlie's restaurant on the field. If you haven't responded, it would be helpful (no obligation) if you would let me know if you think the odds are good you may be coming (weather permitting), so I can keep the restaurant apprised of the expected number. 

Don’t worry about weather Don.  I say that because the kids are coming in this weekend for my birthday on Sunday.  That means I won’t be able to make it.  THAT in turn means that since I want to be there and can’t, the weather will straighten out and be fine.

Isn't  that some positive attitude logic?:unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It must be worse than I thought. I figured if anyone could fly in, it would be Paul.

But Parker and I and hopefully a few others will think about all of you while we have lunch.

• Like 2

Well it's not entirely the weather. Although it's forecasted to be 100% chance of thunderstorms between here in and Dallas. JD has been doing some work on the Mooney and the last part, a few very specific washer's didn't come in yet. He offered to use other parts and put it back together for me so I could make the fly-in. But with the weather as forecasted, I told him not to bother and to fix it right on Monday.

Sorry I’m going to miss it. Sitting at love field- backup plan since flying north isn’t in the cards today. 

11 hours ago, Yetti said:

would violate one my three rules about flying through front lines.  Trough lines or any other lines on the map.   

Including the dry line?  Hard to fly anywhere in TX in the spring without dealing with that.