No longer WTB:Invested in new Nav Lite switch for 1984 J

23 hours ago, Oldguy said:

My Nav Lite switch has died, so I need to replace it. I wanted to check with @Alan Fox, @acpartswhse, and everyone else on the board to see if one was available before going to an MSC.

TIA.

If the cover for your switch is still good I have a switch that was removed for my stand-by vacuum. You could put your cover on this switch.

My Nav Lite switch has died, so I need to replace it. I wanted to check with [mention=7207]Alan Fox[/mention], [mention=12721]acpartswhse[/mention], and everyone else on the board to see if one was available before going to an MSC.
TIA.

Is it a Klixon or ETA version? Klixon on top.

fa5f083f8bd27e0a6a28b12128e1b5e1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

9 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

If the cover for your switch is still good I have a switch that was removed for my stand-by vacuum. You could put your cover on this switch.

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

Is it a Klixon or ETA version? Klixon on top.

Thanks, guys, but desperation set in Friday about 5:00 PM and I got Dan at Lasar to sell me a new switch. I was fortunate to get one they had before the price went up so it was ONLY $400 rather than the current price of $525. :blink:

Feeling lucky I got it at the cheap price!

• Oldguy changed the title to No longer WTB:Invested in new Nav Lite switch for 1984 J
Thanks, guys, but desperation set in Friday about 5:00 PM and I got Dan at Lasar to sell me a new switch. I was fortunate to get one they had before the price went up so it was ONLY $400 rather than the current price of $525. :blink:

I hope you’re joking! I know Sensata was selling them for $275 less than a year ago. If they did indeed jack up their prices, I’m tempted to yank them now and go to aviation toggle switches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

15 hours ago, Marauder said:

I hope you’re joking! I know Sensata was selling them for $275 less than a year ago. If they did indeed jack up their prices, I’m tempted to yank them now and go to aviation toggle switches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wish I was.

I was actually wondering if the new Ultra switches were any cheaper. Logic says they couldn't be more expensive, but when has logic applied to airplanes?

• Like 1

Wish I was.
I was actually wondering if the new Ultra switches were any cheaper. Logic says they couldn't be more expensive, but when has logic applied to airplanes?

That’s not good news. These switches were always overpriced for what they are. After seeing your post, I found the uncertified Tyco and Potter & Brumfield ones. Also saw that Honeywell makes switches.

Another option would be to use the Piper rockers but that would require running a separate breaker.

Man, do I wish today was April 1st.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 9:22 AM, Marauder said:

That’s not good news. These switches were always overpriced for what they are. After seeing your post, I found the uncertified Tyco and Potter & Brumfield ones. Also saw that Honeywell makes switches. 

Another option would be to use the Piper rockers but that would require running a separate breaker.

Man, do I wish today was April 1st. emoji24.png

Got the switch in , and it is a Sensata switch model 20BC2-BA-10 (about $285-295 from them) with the ~$115 Mooney switch cover.

But at least it didn't have the ~$240 Mooney switch cover!

• Like 1

Got the switch in , and it is a Sensata switch model 20BC2-BA-10 (about $285-295 from them) with the ~$115 Mooney switch cover.
But at least it didn't have the ~$240 Mooney switch cover!

That is a 10 amp one. I have a spare of that one. You’ll be good for the next 30 years — at least for that switch.

5 minutes ago, Marauder said:

That is a 10 amp one. I have a spare of that one. You’ll be good for the next 30 years — at least for that switch. emoji1787.png

I may just turn all my lights on and leave them on. That way I never have to touch the switches again! :P

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 5:47 PM, Oldguy said:

So what is the difference between the EE-T-A and the Klixon besides the connectors? I ask because the one I got from LASAR was a KLIXON, but my old one is an E-T-A.

Of course the one they sent is the exact one called out in the parts manual for my serial number. 

So what is the difference between the EE-T-A and the Klixon besides the connectors? I ask because the one I got from LASAR was a KLIXON, but my old one is an E-T-A.
Of course the one they sent is the exact one called out in the parts manual for my serial number. 

Klixon and ETA have different mounting connectors on the buss bar and a slightly different faceplate connector. Take a look at the picture I posted above. When I started buying up used Klixon, I ended up with some ETAs. That was my indoctrination to the difference.

I sold my stash to testwest. Maybe he still has some.

3 hours ago, Marauder said:

Klixon and ETA have different mounting connectors on the buss bar and a slightly different faceplate connector. Take a look at the picture I posted above. When I started buying up used Klixon, I ended up with some ETAs. That was my indoctrination to the difference.

I sold my stash to testwest. Maybe he still has some.

Good, so no real electrical difference. My mechanic made up the connection he needed to get it onto the buss bar and solid in the panel. He saved the old switch for me, so I may hunt down testwest to see if he has a 10 amp switch. I can use anything since I kept the faceplate. A Boost Pump switch would be good as I have an add on faceplate for the one currently in my frankenpanel  

Thanks for the info. 

• Like 1