Window Flap/Latch

201er

I remember the part being available from the window people... Great Lakes? GLAP...

• they cut the standard window hole
  • They have the standard window in a window piece
  • They have the hinges and hardware...  

AND.... WAIT FOR IT.....

• They have that little piece that locks the window closed too!

Best regards,

-a-

2 hours ago, Jim Peace said:

Okay I need one.  it flew off into the cabin the other day and nowhere to be found........

any new ideas being that this thread is kind of old?

IMG_8148.JPG

I suggest my old solution. $8.52 part. Zero fabrication labor.  Perhaps the cheapest solution in all aviation.

https://www.skygeek.com/piper-472-024-latch-dwg-65742-storm-windo.html?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_content=piper-472-024-latch-dwg-65742-storm-windo&utm_campaign=froogle&gclid=Cj0KCQjwodrXBRCzARIsAIU59TIMrtFTm13AL7DvyHEykWpk-e5A0pKM8iEAjDlwJLdNaZJeT3pugGAaAuL8EALw_wcB

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
On 5/12/2018 at 10:25 PM, DXB said:

Are folks still going with the Piper Latch for the Mooney side vent window?  Mine snapped today.  Would rather just buy something.  Don't need another fabrication project. Looks like Lasar is showing potential stock; emailed them to check.  

39 minutes ago, DCarlton said:

Are folks still going with the Piper Latch for the Mooney side vent window?  Mine snapped today.  Would rather just buy something.  Don't need another fabrication project. Looks like Lasar is showing potential stock; emailed them to check.  

I just read this whole topic, but I don't remember anyone who mentioned that Piper latch reporting back that it worked.  For the price, it's probably worth a shot.

4 hours ago, DCarlton said:

3 hours ago, Fly Boomer said:

I just read this whole topic, but I don't remember anyone who mentioned that Piper latch reporting back that it worked.  For the price, it's probably worth a shot.

it works fine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1