Gtx345 software upgrade

MICKEY

2 minutes ago, MICKEY said:

Can anyone enlighten me about the GTX 345 software upgrade and how it relates to the Garmin G5? I’m not an engineer, but it seems like a useful software upgrade.

You didn't specify a Garmin Service advisory so I checked to see if there was a new one I was unaware and found this one:

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/aviationalerts/approval-of-gtx-3x5r-main-software-version-2-52-ads-b-software-version-3-12-gps-software-version-7-0-new-gtx-3x5r-part-number-for-stc-sa01714wi-and-other-misc-updates/

This came out in Feb 12, 2019 and Its says in part:

• Added processing of Magnetic Heading from an active traffic source

The G5 only comes in with the "GAD 29/29B to GTX 3X5(R) interface to provide pressure altitude and airdata"

Thus it looks like if you don't have the AP interface nor active traffic it doesn't look it like this update matters but you should check with your avionics installer.

20 minutes ago, kortopates said:

You didn't specify a Garmin Service advisory so I checked to see if there was a new one I was unaware and found this one:

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/aviationalerts/approval-of-gtx-3x5r-main-software-version-2-52-ads-b-software-version-3-12-gps-software-version-7-0-new-gtx-3x5r-part-number-for-stc-sa01714wi-and-other-misc-updates/

This came out in Feb 12, 2019 and Its says in part:

• Added processing of Magnetic Heading from an active traffic source

The G5 only comes in with the "GAD 29/29B to GTX 3X5(R) interface to provide pressure altitude and airdata"

Thus it looks like if you don't have the AP interface nor active traffic it doesn't look it like this update matters but you should check with your avionics installer.

Thanks for the update.  I do have both Autopilot and use ADS-B in/out does that help me?