New trickle charger install- now radios weird

I had  been running a 1.5 amp trickle charger with less than 12" wire and plug near GPU door. Since there is  no good way to fish out the plug, I decided to relocate over to the O2 door on starboard side. Nice setup...............but now radios acting weird. I am getting a high pitched sidetone hum when transmitting. I also am getting a really high pitched squeal from what seems to be other aircraft transmitting from a good distance out. When in the pattern, no high pitched squeal from pattern aircraft. Something has changed. No squeal with old setup. I soldered all joints and ran wires from battery to o2 door with M22759/16 gauge wire. 

Another change I made was to increase the GNS 480 volumes higher because I am having low volume issues. I turned up the "AMA", "COM" "SIDTON" AND "VOR".

Thought I would throw it out there. First step will be to lower volumes, then shielded wire? Anybody been down this road?

Thanks

possibly draped the DC cable over the antenna coax and your front radios and back radios are connected.   Just to be sure there are some frequencies that when com1 and com2 are tuned to will produce what you are hearing.   Change the freq in one of the radios and see if it continues.

I've put the world's cheapest battery tenders in two different aircraft.  The Mooney's is wired directly into the battery and pokes out the battery door when in use. I've yet to have a ghost of a problem, an my batteries last forever.  Maybe the OP's charger is too nice?

1 hour ago, willerjim273 said:
  • Are we talking Harbor Freight? I don't know. Guess I will head to the dollar store. Mine is a Duracell 6/12v 1.5amp. Came with 10 amp fuse. I will ck and see if I am near any coax. 

Tks

Not quite, Iron Pony.  Motorcycle tenders, they work on my bikes too.  What I like is to there are snap together fittings to attach tender to electrodes, so I can easily disconnect, close the door and go flying.  In my Cherokee I did the same thing, but had to snake out the lead from the back seat.

Of course I'm just self aggrandizing and not helping any.  At least not helping you.  Perhaps someone else will read this and be helped.  You never know.