Flight Doctor in Ocala or Orlando

Hello Floridians - I am coming up on my medical exam this June and this will be my first one in Florida since I moved from Virginia full time.  I also have not found a GP down here.  I work in Orlando during the week but we are in Dunnellon outside Ocala quite a bit also.  So just wondering if anyone has a doctor they can recommend  that also might be a 3rd class medical examiner or is familiar with basic med.

the last couple years I have been using the VA but probably time to find a GP.

Unless you need a 1st or 2nd Class Medical, I would avoid the AME / MedXpress / FAA process like the plague and go for BasicMed. I have a great GP down here in Hudson, FL., but that is a bit far from your stomping grounds. Pierre Totti MD has been our family GP for more than a decade and he had no problem with conducting the BasicMed Exam for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Unless you need a 1st or 2nd Class Medical, I would avoid the AME / MedXpress / FAA process like the plague and go for BasicMed. I have a great GP down here in Hudson, FL., but that is a bit far from your stomping grounds. Pierre Totti MD has been our family GP for more than a decade and he had no problem with conducting the BasicMed Exam for me.

If you want to fly to Bahamas or into flight levels you need a 3rd class medical.

Tom