Rear bulkhead clips for tow bar?

11 minutes ago, carusoam said:

haft and the part that goes into the nose gear is a few degrees more acute than 90

So is the  problem  that our shoulders  and the  tow bar handle section of the tow bar  is parallel to the  short tubular  section of the tow bar that goes into the nose gear truss?  when bending/changing the tow bar keeps enough friction to help prevent it from slipping out of the nose gear truss?

The small angle makes the important contact occur deep inside the nose gear...

if it decided to slip out, you would get about six inches of warning before it came out...

When the angle is opened up, the contact is at the edge close to exit,   If it loses the contact and begins to slip, you know immediately...

There is probably a bunch of physics and math that explains this.... it Is just easier to use one in good condition and compare to one that isn’t... it is a solution that you can feel...

One tow bar is drawn into the wheel, the other is easy to get ejected...

Best regards,

-a-

Just put the part that slips into the nose gear truss in a vise and bend the shaft enough that the T handle is approximately in line with the centerline of the airplane when the nose wheel is centered and it will be good. Did that on my ‘78 J after the third time I fell on my butt (slow learner). My ‘94 J has the optional very pretty chrome plated (very smooth and slippery) tow bar with the proper factory angle and it never slips, even when wet.