1970 Mooney M20 Center console

Does anyone have one of those laying around they are willing to sell or send to plane plastic to have it duplicated? The one for my aircraft is missing and i’ve been looking for one for the past 7 month with no luck. So far i have contacted Lasar, plane plastic, several bone yards, and Mooney with now luck. My aircraft is a 1970 Mooney M20C but any M20 from 1969-1975 will work. 

Thank you all in advance.

5ff7b0b075ee999fc48ec04e21f0c63d.jpg

c4c18ff1a9431547d75f37e64b9e9bc6.jpg

0ff7b8c2063c14d06639d789fefb3897.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you find one, let me know.... I"m in the same boat with my 74 F. Can't seem to locate one anywhere. 

Taking it out next week to fix the flap indicator. Might try and patch it up a bit and repaint. 

If you find one, let me know.... I"m in the same boat with my 74 F. Can't seem to locate one anywhere. 

Taking it out next week to fix the flap indicator. Might try and patch it up a bit and repaint. 

Will do sir.

But hey if you have all the parts and pieces for it plane plastics will duplicate your old one and make a new one. My problem is i don’t have mine at all, i bought the airplane as a project and that one of the items missing. If you decide to use plane plastics to duplicate your let me know if you would like to have two made i will buy one from you.

1 hour ago, siu1526 said:

Will do sir.

But hey if you have all the parts and pieces for it plane plastics will duplicate your old one and make a new one. My problem is i don’t have mine at all, i bought the airplane as a project and that one of the items missing. If you decide to use plane plastics to duplicate your let me know if you would like to have two made i will buy one from you.

It’s intact, with a lot of cracking. I was considering doing the fibreglass tape backing, and epoxy/ sand and paint. 

I will contact Plane Plastics and see what they can do. Plane has been sitting for 6 weeks now with a prop overhaul/annual. Wish I knew that option before and I would have sent it south. Grabbed a new door and pilot side panel from them 2 weeks ago. 

It’s intact, with a lot of cracking. I was considering doing the fibreglass tape backing, and epoxy/ sand and paint. 
I will contact Plane Plastics and see what they can do. Plane has been sitting for 6 weeks now with a prop overhaul/annual. Wish I knew that option before and I would have sent it south. Grabbed a new door and pilot side panel from them 2 weeks ago. 

Gotcha yeah i contacted plane plastics several times but unfortunately they need a template to copy. The fiberglass and paint sounds like a good option too. Maybe even have it cover with leather or carpet but i’m not sure on the durability of the materials. I’ve been working on mine for 7 months now i just finished resealing the RH fuel tank and repairing the left one, hopefully it will last the airplane been sitting for 10 years now.

I have posted this before with others who have had similar needs.  These parts can be copied by using them as a mold and laying up fiberglass over them.  You can use mold release wax, saran wrap or similar to cover the part.  Ultimately use flame retardant resin.  It really is not too difficult to do.  I would not expect Plane Plastics to make this part as there are not enough to be sold.  

The part you see in the picture as a hand lay-up with shape modifications I wanted, starting with a very beat-up original Mooney part.

John Breda

IMG_3010.JPG

• Like 2

I have posted this before with others who have had similar needs.  These parts can be copied by using them as a mold and laying up fiberglass over them.  You can use mold release wax, saran wrap or similar to cover the part.  Ultimately use flame retardant resin.  It really is not too difficult to do.  I would not expect Plane Plastics to make this part as there are not enough to be sold.  
The part you see in the picture as a hand lay-up with shape modifications I wanted, starting with a very beat-up original Mooney part.
John Breda
IMG_3010.thumb.JPG.d29a4f08745d5b683ed4e065850cb59b.JPG

I wish i had the original part to copy of unfortunately i’m missing it. That sounds and looks like a nice easy way to get it done. I don’t know what else to try no one seem to have this part anywhere. Im thinking about building one out of aluminum or fiberglass but i would really like to keep the original look to the airplane.

1 hour ago, M20F-1968 said:

John Breda

IMG_3010.JPG

I’ll talk with my AME and root around locally. If I’m able to find someone to make this, I’ll get a few made. 

15 hours ago, GLJA said:

I’ll talk with my AME and root around locally. If I’m able to find someone to make this, I’ll get a few made. 

If you want to make many, the best way to do it is to set up a vacuum system and draw the fiberglass down in a vacuum chamber.  Your local EAA chapter likely can 

help you with this.  You will need to make the final part from Class I flame retardant resin.  

John Breda

16 hours ago, siu1526 said:

I wish i had the original part to copy of unfortunately i’m missing it. That sounds and looks like a nice easy way to get it done. I don’t know what else to try no one seem to have this part anywhere. Im thinking about building one out of aluminum or fiberglass but i would really like to keep the original look to the airplane.

There is no "easy" solution.  You get what you pay for or work for.  

Fiberglass is the best solution of you want a part that fits well and is aesthetically pleasing.  

The beauty of fiberglass is that you can use almost anything as a mold, a styrofoam block, wood, clay, etc...  You lay-up fiberglass, let if harden, sand it, shape it, and lay-up another layer to change the shape as needed until you have what you want.  It takes time, but in the end you can have a nice part.  There were many, many man hours making the part I have.

John Breda

• Like 1

I have a '70 C model and currently have this part removed during interior work.  It is intact and in OK condition.

If plane plastics can use it for a template and provide me a replacement, we can work something out.

Thanks,

Robert

I have a '70 C model and currently have this part removed during interior work.  It is intact and in OK condition.
If plane plastics can use it for a template and provide me a replacement, we can work something out.
Thanks,
Robert

That would be wonderful, like i mention on the above comment i’ve been searching for one for 7 months now with no luck. If you send it in to get a replacement made i will buy it from you or if you get two new one made i will also buy one. I can try to contact plane plastics tomorrow see what say is that work for you.

Thanks in advance.