Mooney @ Aero 2019 ?

Airways

I just arrived at the Aero Messe in Friedrichshafen. Between landing and leaving for the hotel, I was amazed at how many parked Mooney aircraft there are at this place. True, most of them are J and K, but I really find it a huge disappointment there is no official Mooney booth here. 

If sales are the only factor then allow me to say that only a handful of Vision jets are sold in Europe, but at the Aero Messe Cirrus brought three (!) of them !

Speed, efficiency, Safety, and Europe..?

We are more alike, than we are different... (somebody around here quoted a great American earlier... - Maya Angelou)

AOPA is at the show... filming lots of electric driven things... probably the IOAPA arm doing the filming...

I’d guess the marketing message isn’t getting through... it’s not even being sent.

It isn’t hard to drive a Mooney across the pond, MSers do it often.  In both directions.

A Mooney would make a great plane for traveling  throughout Europe.

Best regards,

-a-

I’ll respectfully disagree.  Trade shows are expensive locally, and they are hideously expensive abroad.  Mooney International’s display at OSH probably cost $125,000-$200,000 plus people, plus travel plus lodging, and plus getting the planes there.  Figure the whole Sheehan’s is at least $200,000 hard and softish costs.

Does Mooney have distribution in Europe? If not, then to show up at aero is flag waving, not a commercial undertaking.  I HO, they are doing the right thing to focus on the domestic market.  Resources are scarce, they probably don’t have the headcount  to meaningfully increase production, and I believe they should be able to sell their full production domestically.

30% margins on 50 units at $750,000 doesn’t throw off enough to sell abroad while rebuilding and expanding easier, less expensive sales domestically.

-de

I can’t believe cost is the factor here. Friedrichshafen is filled with companies no one ever heard of and they sell “ideas” (prototypes going into production if they can find investors). But you should see their booths! You could easily park 3 Mooneys in one spot.  

Mooney still has distributors in Europe, but they are not exclusive. Meaning: they distribute other brands as well.  If they want to target the domestical market exclusively then that is their choice. But I find it hard to believe that this market is almost saturated after selling 14 units.  I do agree however that the O and Acclaim are not the best products for Europe.  That M10 they binned would have been a sweet deal however...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Mooney has never been known for their Marketing strategy. They were at Oshkosh last year, but the booth experience for most was terrible. Cirrus has been kicking Mooney's marketing ass for years.

Wonder if this year will be any different....<_<

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

The problem was though Mooney did not have a stand so people only saw C, P, and C brands

7ce5dc44-f486-4eb8-a18a-798a913f80db.thumb.JPG.f9ebbdfb1f5b91dc9f3d614b88986eeb.JPG

I had a Stand in the static display. I was able to show the new Acclaim Ultra to a lot of Visitors. 

Thanks to all who visited me :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Welcome aboard, Jan.

If you have a moment, take some time to introduce yourself.

leave some contact info.  Including email and handy number, website...?

Somebody may want to contact you, or know where to go to discuss new Mooneys in your part of the MooneyWorld...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:34 AM, carusoam said:

Welcome aboard, Jan.

If you have a moment, take some time to introduce yourself.

leave some contact info.  Including email and handy number, website...?

Somebody may want to contact you, or know where to go to discuss new Mooneys in your part of the MooneyWorld...

Best regards,

-a-

Hey -a- (whats your Name?)

I am Jan from Switzerland, 35 years old, I am a "new-Mooney" Fan.

I made the ferry flight from the N242KT M20V last year from Kerrville to Switzerland over the North Atlantic. 
Nearby I fly a M20K-231 in Europe, TB20, DR40, DA20... Fore more infos about me, dont hesistate to contatc me. 

Jan 

• Like 2

Hey Jan,

My parents named me Anthony...

My customers would call me Tony...

My friends just call me -a-

The only time there is confusion... is when my customers are around long enough to become friends...

:)

Every now and then somebody asks about ferry services from North America to Europe... when they search, they will come upon this thread... amongst a few others...

Best regards,

-a-

On 6/12/2019 at 2:22 PM, HB-JAN said:

7ce5dc44-f486-4eb8-a18a-798a913f80db.thumb.JPG.f9ebbdfb1f5b91dc9f3d614b88986eeb.JPG

I had a Stand in the static display. I was able to show the new Acclaim Ultra to a lot of Visitors. 

It's a special aircraft where the owners are willing to be such devoted representatives for the brand without any involvement from the company.  I hope someone in Kerrville takes notice of your efforts.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 6/12/2019 at 8:22 PM, HB-JAN said:

The N242KT is sold and now on the way to the roots --> USA.  

Regards Jan, with a laughing and a crying eye

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Congrats on the sale Jan!

Do we know the new care taker?

Best regards,

-a-

The sale was not my merit. I don't know the new owner, but apparently a US dealer bought the machine and is transferring it at the moment (currently in BIRK Reykjavík).

Nevertheless, I look back on wonderful hours with the Acclaim Ultra. The ferry flight from Kerrvile to Switzerland will accompany me for the rest of my life and will remain in good memory. 

Jan

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1