Mooney near Columbus, GA

Richard Knapp

48 minutes ago, Culver LFA said:

Pine Mountain has been notified and should have both cars available for the Mooney group on Saturday. Fuel tank was filled yesterday, I think he said the price was now $3.90/gal.

I love it! Proactive planning! I nominate @Culver LFA Southeast Regional President. You'll probably win unopposed, by a landslide if lunch is good . . . . .  :D  :D  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

My folks live in Pine Mountain.  I fly in regularly to visit, but can't make it for lunch due to work responsibilites.  I told my mom about the lunch and she is talking about stopping by the airport to see all the Mooneys.  If you see a lady in a red Rav 4 wandering about looking at the planes, say "Hi, Debra!" or "Hi, Mimi!" That will make her day.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Culver LFA said:

I think it will be good on Saturday.  A little cool with wind out of the west, right down the runway.

Saturday looks great, but tonight will be ugly as junk moves out of Mississippi. We already have tornado warnings . . . And the sun is still shining. 

10 hours ago, rbridges said:

I'm hoping to be there.  Spoke with Mooneymite, and he said he'd try to make it, too.  My daughter is rental house hunting in Atlanta this weekend, and we're supposed to help her at some point.

I’ve been talking to him too, if he doesn’t show I think we should just fly over to Mallards landing instead:D

• Like 2

Is this still a go?  I will have to check the weather again in the morning.  Looks like lots of wind, right now there is a 45 minute difference in my flight plan between going east and back west.  I was bucking 118 knots of headwind on the way home today, thankfully not in the Mooney.  

25 minutes ago, kpaul said:

Is this still a go?  I will have to check the weather again in the morning.  Looks like lots of wind, right now there is a 45 minute difference in my flight plan between going east and back west. 

It's supposed to clear up. If not, I'll have to take the wife somewhere else for lunch . . . . .

Oh, crap, this ain't no good!  :(

Screenshot_20190419-174339.thumb.jpg.d53f769922a1aa2f50aa1264fd7e5bb8.jpg

9 minutes ago, Hank said:

It's supposed to clear up.

The weather looks good enough, should support circling off of the RNAV.  It's not the IMC, its the probable turbulence...my wife is not a fan.

Just now, kpaul said:

The weather looks good enough, should support circling off of the RNAV.  It's not the IMC, its the probable turbulence...my wife is not a fan.

It's the Not Instrument Current part that gets me right now . . . .

1 hour ago, Culver LFA said:

I was silently hoping someone would suggest another day?  There is a lot of interest and another date not competing with a holiday would be good.  Or, keep everything as is and let’s do another one next week!

Next week is fine with me!