Mooney near Columbus, GA

Richard Knapp

I'm a few months (or less) from buying my first Mooney.  Hoping for an M20K.  I've flown as a safety pilot in one.  My wife usually flies with me, and I'd like her to experience one before I make the big purchase.  Is anyone within an hour or so flight (in a slow Warrior) from KCSG who'd be willing to let her sit in it if not take a quick ride.  I'd pay for gas, and lunch or dinner.  Any advice on the new purchase also very gladly accepted.

Thanks,

Richard

I live in Warner Robins, Mooneymite lives in locust grove and Hank lives in Auburn.  All of us have C models, but the pilot seating position will be the same.   I'm out of town this weekend, but I wouldn't mind flying into columbus.

I have an M20K 231 based out of KAND not too far away in SC.  I upgraded to this from a Cherokee 180 a bit ago and would be happy to take you for a ride, free of charge if you want to come up to KAND.  I can talk about real life 231 operation, and that vs the 252.

Bonus is that you get to play with the GFC500 and see that in action.  PM me if you’re interested.  

• Like 2

Hank, that would be awesome. Thanks for the suggestion. I’d be good for Saturday April 20, or Friday 19th (Good Friday). After that it goes to the weekend of May 11. I have some days off during the week but that probably wouldn’t work. SC /81X would be welcome.

22 minutes ago, Hank said:

Easter Weekend sounds great! Where we gonna meet up and eat up? Will need a car for Pine Mountain, or comfortable walking shoes for fast food in Columbus. 

I’m in for food and flying.

Some thoughts:

Pine mountain/Harris Co. (KPIM) has 2 courtesy cars and there is a nice restaurant on top of the hill with a view. 5000’ paved and gas at $3.60/gallon 

Barnstormers restaurant is on the field at Alexander Memorial/Peachstate (GA2). Great atmosphere and food but the hilly grass strip will probably lower attendance.

The restaurant at Bessemer AL has been on my list but is heading the wrong direction...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Culver LFA said:

Me too, looking forward to it!

I put another thread over in the East coast group so we can get an estimated headcount.

You reckon any of those self-proclaimed "East Coasters" from so far away will fly down the other 2/3 of the East Coast to join us?  :D  :lol:

12 minutes ago, Hank said:

You reckon any of those self-proclaimed "East Coasters" from so far away will fly down the other 2/3 of the East Coast to join us?  :D  :lol:

Well, I didn’t want @201er to feel left out, he won’t even need the long range tanks to meet us.

Actually I was deciding between the Gulf and East groups when the dinner bell range at my house, I got distracted.  

Where is the line, N/S of the Bible Belt, Yankees vs. Confederates?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Culver LFA said:

Well, I didn’t want @201er to feel left out, he won’t even need the long range tanks to meet us.

Actually I was deciding between the Gulf and East groups when the dinner bell range at my house, I got distracted.  

I'd say anything north of the SEC football states. 

2 hours ago, Culver LFA said:

14 minutes ago, rbridges said:

I'd say anything north of the SEC football states. 

Wow, that's harsh to all the good ACC fans in the Carolinas and Virginia . . . . 

But I'm a nice guy. I'll eat lunch with most anyone. I even have some friends who are damned Yankees [which I didn't know was two words until I was in high school].

11 hours ago, Culver LFA said:

The Mason-Dixon line between Pennsylvania and Maryland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mason–Dixon_line