Rear Seat Intercom Jacks

I've seen this posted before, but haven't found a good picture/instructions.

I'm about to run my rear-seat intercom wires as well as re-do my front panel pilot/co-pilot intercom wires and jacks.

I'd like to see what you all have done, I am more inclined to place the intercom in front of the armrest in that little niche, but I am open to surface mounting or replacing the ashtrays.  If I do mount in the plastic in that niche -  is there a metal bracket top and bottom that would cinch the plastic and provide a firm plug point?  Also if I choose NOT to replace the ashtray with intercom jacks - is there any cool ideas for doing something other than ashtrays?  Thinking of pen holder for pilot side, but really no idea for passenger sides.

IMG_0291.jpg

You or your tech can fabricate a small aluminum mounting plate to go on top of the plastic. We had this done when the plastic started to crack around one of the jacks.  If the rear headsets aren’t used very often you can probably get away with just mounting the jacks in the plastic. 

• Like 1

I've seen this posted before, but haven't found a good picture/instructions.
I'm about to run my rear-seat intercom wires as well as re-do my front panel pilot/co-pilot intercom wires and jacks.
I'd like to see what you all have done, I am more inclined to place the intercom in front of the armrest in that little niche, but I am open to surface mounting or replacing the ashtrays.  If I do mount in the plastic in that niche -  is there a metal bracket top and bottom that would cinch the plastic and provide a firm plug point?  Also if I choose NOT to replace the ashtray with intercom jacks - is there any cool ideas for doing something other than ashtrays?  Thinking of pen holder for pilot side, but really no idea for passenger sides.
IMG_0291.thumb.jpg.590629b265402bf0ebb07353ee0b334e.jpg

The thing you need to be careful with is if you had SB 208 done that making sure the back of the jacks don’t contact the silver covering of the new insulation.

My jacks were installed as part of the Spatial Designs interior but they ended up making contact with the insulation. Had to insulate them.

You can see them here:

6ad0d9b0b717b3e154d401b1cff340d9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3