M20 ride request SRQ or near Sarasota, FL

extremelyslow

I'm working on my Private pilot's license, think I have around 5 hours in a 172 Skyhawk.  I'm getting enamored with Mooneys, but haven't been in one.  I suspect there may be a Mooney purchase in my future (J or K perhaps..).  My mission will be to fly from Sarasota, FL to the NE coast of FL and Hilton Head, SC frequently, recreationally. 

If there's any Mooney owner that would entertain being treated to the $100 burger, I'd happily oblige.  I'd be grateful for any insight from the local Mooney-owning community.  I'm doing my training out of SRQ and live in Lakewood Ranch but I'd be happy to drive to meet up for a ride in your Mooney, when I'm not working.  I'm 48 years old, professional, new to Florida (from California).  My CFI seems impressed with my skills (and my mom says I'm good looking.....).

Thanks,

-Scott

See if I can slow this down for y.o.u. ...

We have a Florida based Mooney group that has a Monthly fly-in schedule...  that would make a great opportunity for you.

Gary is the official MS contact for their schedule... @fantom

Dave and Ruth do the organizing...

Hope that helps you get fired up!

Go Mooney!

Best regards,

-a-

See if you can get the search function to work...   put Florida and lunch and schedule in the box...

you should get something like this...

Of course the first thing I grabbed was five years old... select most recent posts on the list...

Best regards,

-a-

Here is the current schedule for the Florida Luncheon. If you can make one of them I'm sure you could easily convince someone to take you up.

April 13, Flagler (FIN)

May 11, Sebring (SEF)

June 8, Vero Beach (VRB)

July 13, New Smyrna Beach (EVB)

• Like 1

Drive to one of the above meetings;  interesting people; Mooney aircraft, good food, probable ride.

They officially start at 11:30, but getting there early will afford you the opportunity to witness some great landings.

• Like 1