Cosmetics for windshield frame

My panel rework is almost done, so it's time to start thinking about interiors - namely what to do about the pole the card compass is on in the middle of my windshield.  I'm considering just wrapping it in bike handlebar tape so it's prettier, but would be interested in what you lovable ragamuffins have done to make it not so fugly.

image.thumb.png.05cedcda0c33e9116cf6b4aa445a280a.png

• Like 1

Speak with Hector at aerocomfort...

yokes and a decorative cover for the center bar would look nice with that fancy panel....

My compass is on the instrument panel, and making the vertical bar any larger needs consideration...

PP thoughts only...

Best regards,

-a-

1 hour ago, 1964-M20E said:

touch up the paint as necessary and move on.

I second this recommendation.  It's just too valuable as a handle for swinging yourself into the left seat, pulling your seat forward, hanging on to just in case your seat latch fails during takeoff, etc.

11 hours ago, pirate said:

Aero comfort made a  leather cover for me with my N# stitched in. Didn’t cost much....

+1 for doing this. Especially when your plane has been in the sun just long enough for the post to heat up when you grab it to get in or out (in summer flying).

12 hours ago, M20Doc said:

Nice panel!  Before doing the interior it’s time to dump the fibreglass insulation and deal with the corrosion on the tubes.

Clarence

You might want to check Mooney SB M20-208B to see how it applies to your plane. This is much easier to do with the plane like you have it with the panels off. Corrosion is like cancer - seems to accelerate if left untreated and has killed many otherwise good planes.

2 hours ago, Oldguy said:

+1 for doing this. Especially when your plane has been in the sun just long enough for the post to heat up when you grab it to get in or out (in summer flying).

You might want to check Mooney SB M20-208B to see how it applies to your plane. This is much easier to do with the plane like you have it with the panels off. Corrosion is like cancer - seems to accelerate if left untreated and has killed many otherwise good planes.

Handling that this weekend!  

• Like 1