Piloto

201er

13 minutes ago, RLCarter said:

I'll probably get dinged for this, but if your views don't agree with others your gone? I've asked this before but I have never seen any written "Rules", do they exist?

No way you'll be dinged for asking a question.

This is a Mooney forum dedicated to Mooney flyers and fans. To be fair to the collective membership (and the Supporters), the Admin's need a method to maintain order. Contact Mooniac58 if you have any questions. They have a Bug Reports & Suggestions section too.

At the end of the day, the right of Free Speech doesn't apply at a public internet forum run by a private entity. It exists purely for entertainment purposes only.

Note the terms and conditions:

• We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

• You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

**edit** Note that I was "dinged" for violating the above yet my specific comment did not contain any of the above. I do agree, though, that it had nothing to do with the topic as I vented without biting my tongue.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, tigers2007 said:

• You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Well that certainly puts a damper on all the fun :lol:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, tigers2007 said:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

See what happens when we start a little Timmy thread: we get stuck with a  bunch of rules!

ahhhh the good old days...

;)

16 hours ago, tigers2007 said:

**edit** Note that I was "dinged" for violating the above yet my specific comment did not contain any of the above. I do agree, though, that it had nothing to do with the topic as I vented without biting my tongue.

Dude, that's a tough thing to say about yourself, kudos for that

1 hour ago, kerry said:

I still use my ATD-200.  I find it very soothing when I hear the girls voice say TRAFFIC, traffic near by.

I like mine very much too - although I get more false positives than true positives, by a lot.  ....Still.

I have been on this forum happily for well over a year, maybe closer to two.  I got involved in conflict on a car forum many years ago and have learned how important it s to stick with the subject of the forum and shy away from stating opinions about other areas of life.  I expect we can disagree to some degree about things like whether a C is easier to fly than an Ovation or some such, but it is wise to stay away from opinions on politics, religion or lifestyle.

i saw a really top notch and popular car forum totally wrecked by political disagreement.  I hope I never see such a thing again.  Let’s enjoy each other and discuss aviation and Mooney’s and realize how fortunate we are to have such a great forum, and try to keep it that way.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sabremech said:

Frankly, neither side of the topic should be brought up such as politics, religion or sexual orientation. Keep it all out. Both parties should be banned! 

I agree - in the context of this forum. There are many forums where people are free to visit to discuss, chat, shout or argue those topics to their hearts' content.  And certainly its a different matter in person.

As we learned and proved many times, most notably the Timmy thread, the discussion and interest in Mooneys binds us together.  I want to learn all of your wisdom no matter what opinions on other topics I don't care and don't want to know.  Don't want to know since invariably the discussion of the other drowns out the first.  

Many of us simply would no longer come if it became a political forum and I would really miss the resource.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Frankly, neither side of the topic should be brought up such as politics, religion or sexual orientation. Keep it all out. Both parties should be banned! 
Yep! I had a MS member try and rope me into a political "discussion" at the MS meet-up at KOSH a couple years ago. Was pretty hostile about it.
I just told him I was there to talk airplanes, not politics.
We went our separate ways.
Politics ruins enough stuff, let's not let it ruin aviation. We have the FAA for that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Guitarmaster said:

Yep! I had a MS member try and rope me into a political "discussion" at the MS meet-up at KOSH a couple years ago. Was pretty hostile about it.
I just told him I was there to talk airplanes, not politics.
We went our separate ways.
Politics ruins enough stuff, let's not let it ruin aviation. We have the FAA for that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I agree that it is reasonable to keep politics out of MS, but I always hope things like MS could be a way for people with political differences to come together as people with a common interest, as opposed to most things on the internet that drive them apart.  It would be ideal if the thing that makes us a community would also allow us to bring our disparate beliefs together and figure out how to still be a community.  I'm not sure if avoiding those topics is really the answer either, especially with everything else in the world going on.

I'm not saying that we should be bringing our beliefs with us, but using our love of Mooney's to hold hands and sing "Kum Ba Ya", but...  well, okay, so maybe that is pretty close to what I'm saying.  If that makes me sound like an idealist, color me guilty, but in this day and age where every "conversation" on the internet is intended to drive us apart, we have to find some ways to bring people together because of their differences, not despite their differences...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

I like mine very much too - although I get more false positives than true positives, by a lot.  ....Still.

From a very reliable source I heard that soaking it in WD40 will improve its performance!

Clarence

2 hours ago, Sabremech said:

I’m not really sure why one party should be banned for showing pictures of his wedding day.  He is a fellow pilot and Mooney owner, there was even an aviation theme on the cake.  He was sharing his joy on this happy day when Jose took it upon himself to bring up his religious beliefs with some rude remarks.  

Jose’s ban is well deserved in my opinion.

Clarence

21 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

I’m not really sure why one party should be banned for showing pictures of his wedding day.  He is a fellow pilot and Mooney owner, there was even an aviation theme on the cake.  He was sharing his joy on this happy day when Jose took it upon himself to bring up his religious beliefs with some rude remarks.  

Jose’s ban is well deserved in my opinion.

Clarence

There’s two viewpoints to this and one side is getting silenced. Just keep both sides off of this forum. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Sabremech said:

There’s two viewpoints to this and one side is getting silenced. Just keep both sides off of this forum. 

Ummmm - no.  One side shares pictures of the joy of his life. The other inserts then doubles down insists that others should obey his own values.  No - this is not a both sides thing.  If one side is sharing a joyous day and a Mooney cake and the other side is stop existing - then no this is not two both sides.

Edited by aviatoreb
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aviatoreb said:

Ummmm - no.  One side shares pictures of the joy of his life. The other inserts then doubles down insists that others should obey his own values.  No - this is not a both sides thing.  If one side is sharing a joyous day and a Mooney cake and the other side is stop existing - then no this is not two both sides.

I think you and sabremech are saying the same thing, keep both sides off the forum.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, MBDiagMan said:

I think you and sabremech are saying the same thing, keep both sides off the forum.

I didn't realize we had been agreeing.  Thank you.

And sorry sabremech for my error.

Edited by aviatoreb

53 minutes ago, steingar said:

It was an unfortunate disagreement, and I don't think anyone was actually wrong.  We're all entitled to our viewpoints.  Hopefully we're all adults and can move on.

so if it had been say, a jewish wedding, and he posted a bunch of antisemitic comments it would be "just another viewpoint"?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, peevee said:

so if it had been say, a jewish wedding, and he posted a bunch of antisemitic comments it would be "just another viewpoint"?

peevee that is absolutely absurd. Pilato never made any sort of antisemitic comments and please do not use him in a fantasy example. Let me be clear though, if that really was someones opinion, then it is another viewpoint, regardless of the content. Respecting peoples opinions is what makes the United States of America the greatest nation on Earth. I bet that dumping antisemitic opinions here on MS are in violation of the private server's Terms and Conditions of membership.

"Justice means minding one's own business and not meddling with other men's concerns." -Plato's Republic

• Like 3
  • Sad 1