Piloto

201er

Thought he was a united mechanic. Probably busy mothballing all the Maxes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If that happens, you’ll be flying as Freight Dog again. I will say though that many of the freight dogs today seem to be flying Pilatus. Far cry from the tired old twins...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steingar said:

Hope he's OK.  He said some things I violently disagreed with, doesn't mean he's a bad guy.  We just don't see eye to eye on some things.  Always worrisome when someone drops off an aviation board.

Or any board. Sometimes personalities or opinions clash a bit. I've learned to recognize negative emotion towards someone else who has competence as instinctive competitiveness kicking in, which is often preferable to the abject indifference that I normally feel towards others. 

Combine that with online communication, or written communication as a whole, being in its infancy and the lack of non-verbal information, and we leave ourselves open to not getting past things. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Mehrabian 

• Like 1

If that happens, you’ll be flying as Freight Dog again. I will say though that many of the freight dogs today seem to be flying Pilatus. Far cry from the tired old twins...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Ahhhh, the good ol days trying to kill myself in the weather every night.
Wouldn't trade the experience; don't really want to do it again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 hours ago, steingar said:

Hope he's OK.  He said some things I violently disagreed with, doesn't mean he's a bad guy.  We just don't see eye to eye on some things.  Always worrisome when someone drops off an aviation board.

Exactly,hope he returns,his opinions on some subjects would have been perfectly ok in 1950/1960.So he got pounced on and decided to go quiet for awhile

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thinwing said:

Exactly,hope he returns,his opinions on some subjects would have been perfectly ok in 1950/1960.So he got pounced on and decided to go quiet for awhile

I wish I'd seen those. I can't imagine he would say anything that would come close to what I generally hear professional pilots say. 

• Like 1

Just spoke to Jose on the phone about my fuel tank issues for a bit. He was really helpful in explaining how the system works. Also asked him how come he's not coming on Mooneyspace lately. He said that he got in trouble and is still banned. He told me to pass along the following:

"If you can talk to them, I promise I will not touch the subject of the gay people any more. I didn't know there was so many gays in the Mooneyspace or so."

• Like 4

If I recall he said that as a Catholic he had issues with gay people and didn’t see the need to hold his tongue.  He deserves to be in the penalty box until he apologizes.

Clarence

I have to assume that he received a warning or two prior to being banned. I’ve received one myself over a frivolous issue; if compared to the sketchy comments I see here regularly. It all comes down to the personal opinion of the Admin. But someone has to be a regulator or it turns into mayhem. Hopefully the Pilato has found a way to bite his tongue and can come back one day. The tales of relief tubes and WD-40 always bring on a good chuckle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1