Eapis made easy - Flashpass.net

I'm not sure what's been going on with this forum as of late. I'm stubborn and am not the type to take my ball and go home if someone hurts my feelings, but what I've been seeing with the dogpiling and accusations of visitors and other members on this site is not healthy for any forum and can lead to alienation of its productive members to where it's only left with the remaining trash. Ask a question comparing one model Mooney to another, everybody is helpful. Get the occasional true professional (aviation or otherwise) on here and people start shifting the conversation to details where they feel safe. 

I don't care if the original poster is peddling his own software or not, filing an eAPIS is a pain in the ass and having a developer take the time to support such a small community in aviation is something that deserves commendation, encouragement, and not persecution. 

• Like 1

AOPA just posted a nice review on Flashpass.

I have dealt with border crossings worldwide for work for the last 35 years. And held captive of some nutter customs guy that doesn't want to accept your paperwork for what ever reason, or there were not enough dollars sitting in the paperwork. So ANY app, or smart idea that makes my life easier, I will give it a try. And if it is as good as I think it is, it will get me support.

The fashion police may be out here to get me, but I do it for the good of all experience. Aviation is a naggingly expensive hobby. And if I can save time and aggravation, then so be it.

Peace out.

• Like 1

Please bare with me while I ask a few questions... I am trying to learn more, and I do that by asking a bunch of questions...

Want to post a link to the AOPA review?

Want to help with my situation?

My first out of the country flying a Mooney experience may be to Canada...

What would I expect to need to do in relation to crossing the boarder and get back... and what part of the boarder crossing does flash pass take care of?

If it helps any...

I travel for business so have some basic experience, have been to about 10 different countries, over about 1,000 trips...

It has always been flying commercial...

I have never landed on the other side of the boarder with my plane... 

I have an instrument rating, so it is possible I can be trained on an app...

The complexity of boarder crossing with family has honestly kept me from trying...

As close as I got once, was land short, rented a car, and drove into Toronto...

Somebody has been planning trips for me lately... Montreal, Quebec City, Toronto again...

Any help?

Best regards,

-a-

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 5:32 PM, FloridaMan said:

I'm not sure what's been going on with this forum as of late. I'm stubborn and am not the type to take my ball and go home if someone hurts my feelings, but what I've been seeing with the dogpiling and accusations of visitors and other members on this site is not healthy for any forum and can lead to alienation of its productive members to where it's only left with the remaining trash. Ask a question comparing one model Mooney to another, everybody is helpful. Get the occasional true professional (aviation or otherwise) on here and people start shifting the conversation to details where they feel safe. 

I don't care if the original poster is peddling his own software or not, filing an eAPIS is a pain in the ass and having a developer take the time to support such a small community in aviation is something that deserves commendation, encouragement, and not persecution. 

I am a professional pilot (corporate aviation) and a GA pilot. Many times you get hazed with unknown service charges in both fields. Where ever you land, what's the catch ?

The one thing I do not need is a "mistake" with the Federal rules and if something makes it easier for me to escape that mistake, I''ll pay that premium.

Regardless make and model you fly, the border crossing rules apply to all. I didn't create the App, or know the developer. I saw this software for the first time and Sun and Fun and I was amazed by the simplicity and convenience of the iPhone use. When I was flying people from South Florida to the Bahamas and back I spent many hours behind old windows computers trying to enter all that data and waiting for a CBP's reply for an ok. And on the return legs into South Florida if there were any additions or changes you were back at square one on filing and waiting. This new App for me is a blessing to take away the stress/time, if I just could get my grey hairs to return to the Original - pre CBP antics - color. My post was a mere suggestion.

Thanks

• Like 1