Mooney For Rent

jash767

7 hours ago, jash767 said:

1969 Mooney M20C for rent.  $52.00 per hour without fuel.  The Mooney is located at Montgomery Airport in San Diego, CA. PM me if you are interested in flying.  

$52 dry. Thats a steal.

• Like 2

Hate to throw this out there, but hopefully you're already familiar with the FAA's definition of "for hire" and are in compliance with the applicable regs (i.e. 100 hour inspections, must have a working landing light for nighttime ops, life vests available if over extended water, etc..).  Not as easy as just saying come rent my plane if you want. 

Not overly taxiing, but it is different than normal part 91 flights that you as the owner can make.

Cheers,

Brian

Edited by flight2000
  • Like 1

Hey  

26 minutes ago, flight2000 said:

Hate to throw this out there, but hopefully you're already familiar with the FAA's definition of "for hire" and are in compliance with the applicable regs (i.e. 100 hour inspections, must have a working landing light for nighttime ops, life vests available if over extended water, etc..).  Not as easy as just saying come rent my plane if you want. 

Not overly taxiing, but it is different than normal part 91 flights that you as the owner can make.

Cheers,

Brian

Hey Brian, Thanks for the heads up. 

9 minutes ago, ArtVandelay said:

HEIC format? First time I’ve seen that, not sure how widely supported it is.

When I got my new iPhone 7 last year I had to change the settings to take jpg format photos instead of the newer default HEIC (High Efficiency) that Apple has gone to.  Not many photo editors support the newer HEIC format yet.

https://imazing.com/guides/how-to-convert-heic-to-jpeg

Cheers,

Brian

Just now, flight2000 said:

When I got my new iPhone 7 last year I had to change the settings to take jpg format photos instead of the newer default HEIC (High Efficiency) that Apple has gone to.  Not many photo editors support the newer HEIC format yet.

https://imazing.com/guides/how-to-convert-heic-to-jpeg

Cheers,

Brian

Done. That was easy. 

1 hour ago, flight2000 said:

Merely renting out an aircraft isn't classified as operating "for hire", so 100 hour inspections and such aren't required unless you were also providing flight instruction in the aircraft, or the renter was being paid to carry passengers.

Edited by bdash
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, bdash said:

Merely renting out an aircraft isn't classified as operating "for hire", so 100 hour inspections and such aren't required unless you were also providing flight instruction in the aircraft, or the renter was being paid to carry passengers.

I had to dig a little deeper but see that there was further clarification and you are correct.  I'd still be concerned about any of the California (pick one) FSDO's making up their own interpretation and making life miserable.  They've never done that before have they...  :rolleyes:

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/agc/practice_areas/regulations/interpretations/data/interps/2015/greenwood-fly by knight - (2015) legal interpretation.pdf

So, no 100-hour inspection required for just renting.

Cheers,

Brian