Scammer

11 hours ago, C310flyr said:

There is a scammer selling a Garmin Sl 40 on this site

He has taken the identity of a BEECHTALK member, and it would seem he has done the same to one of your members.

Please be careful.

Thanks for the info.

What name did he use here in case he attempts to scam a different unit?

Maybe Craig @mooniac58 might consider pinning this one for a short while so as many MSer's as possible get to see it .

59 minutes ago, Mooney in Oz said:

Thanks for the info.

What name did he use here in case he attempts to scam a different unit?

Maybe Craig @mooniac58 might consider pinning this one for a short while so as many MSer's as possible get to see it .

I saw their conversation on the avionics for sale section. He's selling a Garmin radio.

Edit--nevermind, looks like the post has been removed. 

It is confirmed the account of a member seems to have been hacked and someone using IPs from all over (likely a VPN) was making the scam post.

My logs on this end show many attempts to login to the account with wrong passwords resulting in the account being locked many times and finally the hacker used the password reset tool to change the password.  This indicates that the hacker also has access to the victims email account.

• Thanks 11

• 7 months later...

Is this a scammer?  Anyone get similar messages?  I posted a WTB for a '68C seat back and got this note from someone with no posts who joined very recently and refers me to an email for someone who has "a for sale".  No reply when I ask for further detail, so no way I'm gonna pursue the contact provided. I just wondered if people were getting similar messages. And if the person turns out to be legit, then apologies in advance :mellow:

image.thumb.png.6875b4e6a997d30e3c9d1db53fdb890e.png

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This is my first post.  I just agreed to become a partner on an M20J last night and I'm stoked!  Just to chime in on DXB's post:  That is more than likely a scammer, the grammar is a dead giveaway.  "he has a for sale"  ALWAYS be suspicious!  I could be wrong, but I'd be very wary.

Cheers,

-Andy

Edited by arikanoandy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arikanoandy said:

This is my first post.  I just agreed to become a partner on an M20J last night and I'm stoked!  Just to chime in on DXB's post:  That is more than likely a scammer, the grammar is a dead giveaway.  "he has a for sale"  ALWAYS be suspicious!  I could be wrong, but I'd be very wary.

Cheers,

-Andy

Welcome and congrats on the J.  Did you check the dates of the posts you're replying to?

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2021 at 4:14 PM, ZuluZulu said:

Welcome and congrats on the J.  Did you check the dates of the posts you're replying to?

Ah!  Now I see that was a two-year old post!  Oops!  BTW, how do you come up with the national map with the states visited in color that everybody has on their signatures?

• 5 months later...

I dont know why it’s not a requirement to provide the Admin with a copy of a drivers license and other form of ID and contact information before being allowed to post something for sale. Also, I am not opposed to a simple fee of a couple bucks to cover the costs of checking out items for sale. It would prevent a lot of fraud. Or at least some kind of history or 12 months of membership

3 hours ago, L39Driver said:

I dont know why it’s not a requirement to provide the Admin with a copy of a drivers license and other form of ID and contact information before being allowed to post something for sale. Also, I am not opposed to a simple fee of a couple bucks to cover the costs of checking out items for sale. It would prevent a lot of fraud. Or at least some kind of history or 12 months of membership

I think you have to be a paying member to sell stuff

• Like 1

• 9 months later...