Was I wrong? Refused to taxi or park on grass at Sun n Fun

FloridaMan

7 hours ago, A64Pilot said:

I’m late to this conversation, but years ago the Marshallers were kids and they do as they are told. There was parking in GAC much closer but they wouldn’t let me through in my Maule on 29” tires, which of course it could do easily, but we went with the flow and just got used to the walk.

‘If you look in this Pic, you’ll see a Mooney just behind me, I’m not sure which model you guys would likely know, but the Mooney guys showed up, looked at it and flew it I assume to Kerville for a new prop as it had a prop strike. I assume it was a new aircraft, didn’t talk to the owner. Maybe they are here?

‘But of course your the PIC and responsible for you aircraft, you did right. In crew coordination training we called it the most conservative response, sure you probably could have made it, but the costs of not making it grossly outweigh the benefits of making it.

to date the pic, my Son in the pic is 27 now

C91D89A3-FF31-413E-BFFE-D0E78006DDEF.jpeg

Looks like an O3 on your six!   :)

Or a Screamin’ Eagle in O’s clothing...

• cowl openings of a NA IO550
  • Scimitar shape of a TopProp
  • Long windows of a Long Body...

How is that!.?

+1 on easing one wheel at a time off the pavement.  Even if it is just a few inches apart.  Two small bounces, under control, instead of one big surprise bounce...

Everyone watching will know what you are doing...

Some days... the grass is extra long or recently cut... grass stains on the tips are going to happen....

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-