Sun N Fun Deals

Ftlausa

PFS has a discount program going on there in which the amount of the discount everyone gets increases as they sell more units. Check their FB page.

(I urged Jim Shaffer to join MS where his exhaust system comes up with some frequency.) 

Belvedere publishing runs a show special where you can get subscriptions to their publications for two years for the price of one. This includes IFR Refresher, IFR, Aviation safety, and Aviation Consumer. I subscribe to all of these so I re-up every couple years at the show.

The best discount at the show I saw was if you like Phillips X/C oil...55 bucks for the case...same price for most of their oil...you buy it there and take it home with you.

they have a golf cart there and will drive it to your plane

Almost everything else you can get online...

And I feel okay saying this being that I spent 10's of thousands on Garmin.....The Garmin people need to just go away.....my friend who I was with who wants the same 40k panel I have asked me why they were such assholes....I said to him I thought they were nice, you should have seen last year.....

• Like 1

Garmin at Sun N Fun appear to just rely on their reputation and think their units will sell themself. Eventually, some business will come along with a better product and better customer service and Garmin will loose their market share. They better get it together with customer service.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, L39Driver said:

Garmin at Sun N Fun appear to just rely on their reputation and think their units will sell themself. Eventually, some business will come along with a better product and better customer service and Garmin will loose their market share. They better get it together with customer service.

Speaking of which, the new King navigator looked pretty interesting. More in the Avidyne style than the Garmin.

21 hours ago, Parker_Woodruff said:

That's smart. We've all been conditioned by Garmin to not think that different companies' products will work together and that all systems are proprietary. Even though aviation is a small segment, the technological barriers to product development are lowering significantly and adoption of open standards will be a major selling point for manufacturers.