iPad Mini in Mooney? Mount type? Location?

16 hours ago, PT20J said:

Gee, Paul, with such a beautiful panel, you should consider one of these to replace the cigar lighter USB. Lots of configurations - even available illuminated.

http://www.truebluepowerusa.com/aviation-products/usb-charging-ports/

I've thought about it and likely will at some point. I really haven't done the right side yet. But you're correct, the lighter plug is kinda ugly.

On 4/27/2019 at 8:48 AM, gsxrpilot said:

I've thought about it and likely will at some point. I really haven't done the right side yet. But you're correct, the lighter plug is kinda ugly.

at least you have the usb-c in the audio panel.  Thats a nice feature with the PMA450 series.  

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I use this also. I have it attached above the compass. I just use an iPhone 10XR in a spring loaded phone mount that attaches to the ram ball. I can turn the phone to use it vertically or horizontally. It’s up high near the visors so usually out of the direct sunlight so it never overheats. I see the detail just fine as it’s close to my line of vision. I used the iPad mini however I forgot it at home a few times. So I tried my iphone and realized it works just as well as the iPad for my VFR flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a photo of it attached to the center post. The white phone case is a morphie that almost doubled battery life. It being white also keeps the phone from over heating. I use it with ForeFlight. Yes having up there throws the compass off a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Miami_Mooniac said:

For the ram mount, there is for cessna/piper, beechcraft,or pilatus yoke. Which yoke is most similar to m20e yoke?

I use a standard RAM (shown way back in like the 5 or 6th post more than 2 years ago :D in Mooneys, Cessnas, Pipers... the cradle in the photo is the RAM Tab-Tite. I like the X-Grip a little better, but both are preset open for air circulation and the Tab-Tite might have a slight placement advantage.

Edited by midlifeflyer