Today’s flight - Miami to St Croix

Way to stretch those new legs! Any details of the flight--track, time, speed, etc? Fuel availability in the Virgins? Airspace / overflight issues? I'm assuming by the big grin that the flight went well.  ;)

Way to stretch those new legs! Any details of the flight--track, time, speed, etc? Fuel availability in the Virgins? Airspace / overflight issues? I'm assuming by the big grin that the flight went well.  

Good morning. Flight was at FL17 - just shy of 4.5 hours LOP - landed with 17 gallons. TAS of @205. BOHLKE in StX has fuel at $6+ so added only 20 gallons, flew to st thomas the next day at st thomas jet center where fuel was $4+, so topped off.

Customs to leave was confusing so filed eapis and went to TJIG and did customs there in less than :05.

Headed back this weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Good morning. Flight was at FL17 - just shy of 4.5 hours LOP - landed with 17 gallons. TAS of @205. BOHLKE in StX has fuel at $6+ so added only 20 gallons, flew to st thomas the next day at st thomas jet center where fuel was $4+, so topped off.

Customs to leave was confusing so filed eapis and went to TJIG and did customs there in less than

Customs? I thought direct Miami to PR or VI didn’t require going through customs?

Tom

1 hour ago, tigers2007 said:

What kind of mask is that? Custom NRB? Could you just do a cannula at FL170?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.preciseflight.com/general-aviation/shop/product/face-mask-use-preciseflow-demand-conservers/

And yes, you can. Since it's a dual lumen I assume hadvhad a pulse demand system.

Edited by peevee

This looks like a great “weekend” trip. KHWO to TIST might be just the ticket for an inexpensive/easy route to that area of the world. Launching from IST to Saint Lucia and Grenada sounds like a perfect trip to me. Bucket list for sure. 

• Like 1

Outbound flights from mainland USA to PR or USVI doesn’t require a clearance, at least from the CBP training I received several years ago. Departing PR or USVI to mainland USA does indeed require customs. It may sound ridiculous but it is necessary due to zero border defence on those islands from people just showing up in a raft (happens all the time).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Outbound flights from mainland USA to PR or USVI doesn’t require a clearance, at least from the CBP training I received several years ago. Departing PR or USVI to mainland USA does indeed require customs. It may sound ridiculous but it is necessary due to zero border defence on those islands from people just showing up in a raft (happens all the time).

It’s kind of goofy. So here it is...

From the US - eapis and you’re good
From the USVI - eapis and customs (there or upon landing in the us)
From PR - eapis AND agricultural inspection

essentially USVI is outside the USA for customs purposes. PR within but you need an Agriculture ok

Hope this helps

• Like 1