First Annual M20F

apenney

20 hours ago, apenney said:

So any plane produced after the effective date (October 1973) doesn't have to do this?

Airplanes produced after there the AD date should have had modified parts installed at the factory.  The AD does not excempt specific serial numbers, meaning that the other portions of the AD would apply to all serials and need to be signed off.

Clarence

1 hour ago, Yetti said:

You should read the AD to see if your serial number is covered by it.   Generally earlier ADs are covered at the factory.

Got it.  This is where I'm looking but it refers to models only and includes the F model.

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAD.nsf/AOCADSearch/022EF974FDE32DBA86256A3B006FA1EA?OpenDocument

I wonder what other post-1973 F owners are doing out there.

10 minutes ago, apenney said:

Got it.  This is where I'm looking but it refers to models only and includes the F model.

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAD.nsf/AOCADSearch/022EF974FDE32DBA86256A3B006FA1EA?OpenDocument

The new links incorporate grease fittings and improved overcenter travel resulting in lower preload rigging. New links are not required if the existing installations use -13 links which have grease fittings. (Reference Mooney Service Bulletin M20-155 dated 6-15-67, or later FAA approved revision.)

11 hours ago, apenney said:

Mine is done every 100 hours (75F).

I think you did good for a first annual at a non MSC.

The lubrication portion of the AD is required on every model listed in the AD even if the aircraft was manufactured after the AD was released. The links with lubrication fittings will will have been installed at the factory for aircraft built after the AD was released.

Applies to Mooney Models M20, M20A, M20B,
                M20C, M20D, M20E, M20F and M20G airplanes.

I started my annual 3 months early because I hit 98 hours since last accomplishment of AD 73-21-01. Now I am resealing the right tank.

1 hour ago, Bayern Speed said:

I think you did good for a first annual at a non MSC.

The lubrication portion of the AD is required on every model listed in the AD even if the aircraft was manufactured after the AD was released. The links with lubrication fittings will will have been installed at the factory for aircraft built after the AD was released.

Applies to Mooney Models M20, M20A, M20B,
                M20C, M20D, M20E, M20F and M20G airplanes.

I started my annual 3 months early because I hit 98 hours since last accomplishment of AD 73-21-01. Now I am resealing the right tank.

Thanks.

Who is doing your reseal?  I'm anticipating one and thinking I'll go to Oasis from here in WI.

13 hours ago, apenney said:

Thanks.

Who is doing your reseal?  I'm anticipating one and thinking I'll go to Oasis from here in WI.

I am doing it myself. It is not something I would consider doing again! Oasis is highly recommended. They are about 7 months out as far as I know, so make reservations.

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2019 at 8:34 PM, Marauder said:

The “squeezing” of the Tinnermans seems to be gouging to me. They cost between 0.25 and 0.50 each. Even if you had to replace 100 of them, that’s $50. What did four hours of shop rate cost you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yes- that’s the only thing on the list that seemed cheesy to me, as well. 

2100 for a base annual price is not bad for a shop.

• Like 1