Surprise KERI Fee

Agree on that.  Have gotten $25 Canadian ATC bills for essentially 2 transmissions, in freakin Michigan no less (USA).   In the U.P. the far eastern section is under Canadian ATC Services.   
Tom

Tom I hope that wasn’t charged to you by YYZ Center when you came and picked me up. I owe you some lunches and dinners. I used to talk to them all the time and they never billed me. Maybe because you’re climbing too fast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, tigers2007 said:

Tom I hope that wasn’t charged to you by YYZ Center when you came and picked me up. I owe you some lunches and dinners. I used to talk to them all the time and they never billed me. Maybe because you’re climbing too fast?

No, med flights (donated ones besides) where I landed at Sanderson Field (in the U.P.).  Didn't happen every time so not sure if it was supposed to happen.

Tom

20 hours ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

No, med flights (donated ones besides) where I landed at Sanderson Field (in the U.P.).  Didn't happen every time so not sure if it was supposed to happen.

Tom

Nav Canada bills a quarterly service fee to foreign registered GA (Canadian registered airplanes are billed annually). You can fly as much as you want in a quarter and you still pay the same flat fee, which would explain why you don't always get one if the flights were in the same quarter.

I believe that currently the quarterly charge for aircraft under three metric tonnes MTOW is C$16.80. We Canadian owners pay C$67.20/year. 

Do Yankee-registered aircraft have to pay the fee even if they never cross into Her Majesty’s Airspace? My former U.S. base is under YYZ’s control. I didn’t think we had to pay unless we actually were landing or taking off from a Canadian airport. 

Being Canadian I'm not sure, I just pay the annual fee, but my understanding was that foreign registered GA only get billed if they land in Canada. If you care to do some investigating, the answers can probably be found here http://www.navcanada.ca/en/products-and-services/Pages/service-charges.aspx

3 hours ago, ohdub said:

Being Canadian I'm not sure, I just pay the annual fee, but my understanding was that foreign registered GA only get billed if they land in Canada. If you care to do some investigating, the answers can probably be found here http://www.navcanada.ca/en/products-and-services/Pages/service-charges.aspx

3 hours ago, tigers2007 said:

Do Yankee-registered aircraft have to pay the fee even if they never cross into Her Majesty’s Airspace? My former U.S. base is under YYZ’s control. I didn’t think we had to pay unless we actually were landing or taking off from a Canadian airport. 

I've been charged it twice, never landed yet in Canada.  It was years ago, so maybe it was a mistake ..... or has changed.  Either way...didn't impress me to pay for Canadian ATC service and I never left my country.

Tom

12 minutes ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

I've been charged it twice, never landed yet in Canada.  It was years ago, so maybe it was a mistake ..... or has changed.  Either way...didn't impress me to pay for Canadian ATC service and I never left my country.

Tom

Could be a mistake?

I’m going to start invoicing Air Canada, WestJet, and Air Transat for overflying the Upper Peninsula all the time if they’re gonna blind bill you like that.

On 4/14/2019 at 8:01 PM, Yooper Rocketman said:

Might have been.... but they still got my money, twice.

Tom

The NavCan fees are not applicable to US aircraft flying between US airports even though they transit Canadian airspace or are handled by Canadian ATC.  Fight it next time.

On 4/14/2019 at 8:53 PM, tigers2007 said:

I’m going to start invoicing Air Canada, WestJet, and Air Transat for overflying the Upper Peninsula all the time if they’re gonna blind bill you like that.

That should work fine, are you planning on privatizing the US ATC system?

Clarence