Bargain M20F Spotted

201er

22 hours ago, M20Curious said:

Is that really your F on controller?  N6854V?  If so, mind if I ask you a few questions?

Nope. It is not mine. Similar paint scheme. I like the price! If he gets anywhere near $94k for this F, I'm a happy camper. I have owned my 1975 F since 1991. I'm sure I can answer questions you might have about the 75 F models. They are a great plane. Few ADs and close to the speed of the early Js.

From what I can see in the ad for this Mooney, it has a decent avionics stack. Looks like it could use a set of new panels. Mine looked like that in 2016 before I did the last avionics upgrade and had new panels cut.

1123345047_2017PanelUpgrade.thumb.jpg.e498b2c4c7a4424d2094439768a7708b.jpg

He has the original yokes but the interior is a Jaeger Spatial Designs interior. The main selling point is the low time engine. I would check who did the rebuild. That is where a good chunk of the value in this plane. PM if you want to talk F models.

3 hours ago, Marauder said:

Nope. It is not mine. Similar paint scheme. I like the price! If he gets anywhere near $94k for this F, I'm a happy camper. I have owned my 1975 F since 1991. I'm sure I can answer questions you might have about the 75 F models. They are a great plane. Few ADs and close to the speed of the early Js....

Wanna sell yours?  I’m just kidding.  The panel looks nicer than anything I’ve ever flown.  I really appreciate the feedback.  I’m toying with buying a Mooney and am all over the map.  Everything from it’s not worth it... to maybe a TKS Ovation.  I’ll look you up if I get serious looking at an F.  94k just seemed too close to a J model for me to take it too serious.  That said, I keep reading that you should buy a plane with everything you want (avionics wise) because you’ll never recover the install cost.  So... 94k F’s is where I see what I want.

I’ll let you get back to your fat chicks.

3 hours ago, M20Curious said:

Wanna sell yours?  I’m just kidding.  The panel looks nicer than anything I’ve ever flown.  I really appreciate the feedback.  I’m toying with buying a Mooney and am all over the map.  Everything from it’s not worth it... to maybe a TKS Ovation.  I’ll look you up if I get serious looking at an F.  94k just seemed too close to a J model for me to take it too serious.  That said, I keep reading that you should buy a plane with everything you want (avionics wise) because you’ll never recover the install cost.  So... 94k F’s is where I see what I want.

Don’t be surprised when you find out some M20Fs are better than their close cousin M20Js...

There is an M20F around here that has an Ovation’s interior in it...

All the J mods fit on an M20F as well...

Forever planes get updated over the years... some faster than others...

Best regards,

-a-

On 4/5/2021 at 9:28 PM, M20Curious said:

As you go through this process, take a hard look at your mission. Buying too much airplane is just as bad as buying not enough of one. When I bought my F, I had a baby daughter and the F fit perfectly. A few years later a son came along. Still not an issue since the F has a decent amount of space in it.

Of course, like my ladies, they grew. There were a number of years where the F was not enough to haul everyone for vacations and I was forced to rent P & C models with a better useful load. Now that they are grown up, the F is once again the perfect platform for my wife and me.

You will find plane prices all over the map. There are F models out there that have been heavily modded like mine and late model Js that are still sporting their original King radios. Each and every plane should be evaluated as a one off. A modernized earlier model may be in much better condition than a late model. 

Good luck on the hunt!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/1/2019 at 10:48 AM, 201er said:

Taking a browse through Controller while on the can, I came across this listing. Pretty shabby looking plane and the panel needs some work but in the right hands I think it could be brought to light again. A little over priced but not a bad deal considering it includes the prop and everything you need to get it flying. I guess he finally came to his senses and decided to take on a more fitting hobby.

marauder.thumb.jpg.d36926a0d6b2b1d4fdfb6371e88e4bc7.jpg

marauder2.thumb.jpg.a006a90283996981c8c247a3edebb072.jpg

If that piece of junk is still for sale, you should put one of these in it to help it sell.

• Haha 1