Bargain M20F Spotted

201er

3 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I had twenty years of partial panel practice. Time to move into the 21st Century.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I missed the whole painting thing.  What color scheme are you going with?

6 minutes ago, rbridges said:

I missed the whole painting thing.  What color scheme are you going with?

Haven't decided yet. Have been looking at a lot of Mooney photos. Some pretty nice planes out there. My paint is solid, but looking for a different look.

Dang, that'sa lotta bare, crinkled black plastic to look at, with just a few tiny displays scattered acrost it. Cain't rightly call them things "instruments." Whenya gonna do something about that???
P.S.--them little bitty switches up top ain't even labeled . . . Ain't nobody gonna give 25 AMU for that! It ain't even done yet!

Fixed the labeling for you.

45bb99d218eb00edc095730b0af1844b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

9 minutes ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

I did for 12 years.  I sold it last Fall and took over the C my dad has owned since 1982 that I learned how to fly in.  The sentimental attachment was too strong to let it go.

Jim

How's the interior coming along?

19 minutes ago, Marauder said:

45bb99d218eb00edc095730b0af1844b.jpg

$30,000 panel and he just follows the magenta line on the iPad just like everybody else!! :lol:

No wonder the whole thing isn’t even worth $25,000!

Edited by 201er
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, 201er said:

$30,000 panel and he just follows the magenta line on the iPad just like everybody else!! :lol:

No wonder the whole thing isn’t even worth $25,000!

I think you missed a gizmo, and completely left out installation charges in that guesstimate.

And no, "everyone" doesn't navigate with an ipad, or even a tablet. I use that fancy, overpriced Garmin WAAS box mounted in my panel, not a cheap, short-lived piece of consumer-grade electronic garbage with untested, unapproved software. My tablet isn't named after a fruit, and is sometimes inside my suitcase way in the back of the plane during flight (or in the seat of my truck . . . .), and that doesn't bother me in the least.

No, I don't mind calling a spade a spade, either.

5 minutes ago, bluehighwayflyer said:

Hi, Rob.  I don’t remember where I was with it when you helped me out with my placarding questions.  Physically I have only completed the cabin and baggage doors, but I have made a lot of design decisions that took me a while to nail down.  I’m doing a mix of Aero Comfort and Airtex and am modding in the nosewheel well cover and hat rack bow from ‘66 and later models that I prefer to the ‘65 treatments. 

The annual on the C ran out today, though, so the interior project is going to have to go on hold for a while.  On that front so far I know I am replacing the landing gear down lock block and nose gear steering horn with LASAR parts and who knows what else.  I haven’t taken the plane apart yet for inspection.   I had my J dialed in pretty well but with the C I am having to reaccomlish a lot of same tasks.  The advantage, though, is that the C is basically new firewall forward whereas my J was a runout.  Good times!

Jim

3FE67D3B-3D52-4C49-935F-B74FB1F3E190.png

Hey, a passenger ashtray! I only had one on my side, and now there's an ashlight there, 4 little red LEDs powered by one AAA battery.

• 1 year later...