Need Suggestions / Tips on my Mixture Settings M20E

My JPI830 finally decided to start allowing me to download data and now I feel a little more comfortable that my engine is broken in so I tried the whole lean of peak thing yesterday.

https://savvyanalysis.com/my-flights/1005633/293a3a42-a53c-4ad7-9cf6-ece2a1d4c0e3

First flight with a date of 31-March shows erratic temperatures - I was dealing with my dad, turbulence, and just playing around with the mixture. 2nd flight with a date of 31-March I tried to set it and forget it.

Looking more at the second flight for insights. My #3 cylinder is always the hottest but never goes red.

For LOP / ROP flight - one wants to look at the EGT and then see a drop correct?

Not looking to be roasted, just some helpful pointers :) 

*** disregard any way off RPM readings, I think I have a ground issue. Typical RPM setting - 2600ish and around 23MP as I have been trying to run the engine hard during break in.

9 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Fly down to Austin and pick me up. We'll go through the whole LOP/ROP thing.

Well, crap! I’m 75% certain I’ll be down there for a Buddy’s wedding at the end of April. You have a place a guy could tie down a F for a weekend?

5 minutes ago, GLJA said:

Well, crap! I’m 75% certain I’ll be down there for a Buddy’s wedding at the end of April. You have a place a guy could tie down a F for a weekend?

Yes, of course. We might even find you a hangar. Let me know when you firm things up.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Yes, of course. We might even find you a hangar. Let me know when you firm things up.

Should know by end of week. All depending on Wife's travel schedule for work. 

38 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

Fly down to Austin and pick me up. We'll go through the whole LOP/ROP thing.

I do have an oil change that needs to be done and a compression check!

Do the Cylinder Temps differences raise any concerns? #3 does not seem excessively high by any means.

I am still using Straight 100 Oil.

20 minutes ago, bill98 said:

Do the Cylinder Temps differences raise any concerns? #3 does not seem excessively high by any means.

No concern at all. I usually have a 60 to 70 degree difference between my hottest and coolest cylinders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bill98 said:

I do have an oil change that needs to be done and a compression check!

I am still using Straight 100 Oil.

I think you already answered this before, but if you have a spark plug gasket temp probe or a bayonet ring probe on #3, your CHT could be off by 50 or 25 degF respectively.  It could be colder or hotter depending on the engine installation and cowling.  My #3 CHT used to read 50 degF colder than all the others with a spark plug gasket probe, and when I switched to the bayonet ring probe, it reads only about 10 degF colder now.  

• Like 2