Garmin G3X

Anyone scheduled an install ?

Almost the same size as the G1000 and the price point seems very favorable for a glass panel upgrade.

My local avionics shop said about 10 days and is still working up a quote.

The experimental pilots have been enjoying it for some time, finally FAA approved for certified aircraft.

That's a great thread that most of us have been following.  I suspect there will be lots of threads on the G3X.  If someone wants to ask a question outside of the "master" thread I'm happy to try to help instead of just pointing then to a thread that 1) they probably are already reading and 2) is so long that it's hard to find information in it.

I think the first question to ask is what AP you want to use?  If keeping the BK do you currently have altitude preselect on your AP?  

Along with a good waas gps/nav/com the only thing that really matters to me is a really nice AP. The rest IMO is just eye candy. I currently have a stec 50 in my C. It works well but I would much rather have an upgrade to that vs other avionics/paint/interior/etc. expenditures. 

So in your position I’d make sure you had a good alt preselect setup and line up the 256/130/ASI along the bottom of the g3x or plan on installing a gfc500 at the same time. 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 4/1/2019 at 6:21 AM, M20kflyer99 said:

I’ve gotten a quote.

$14,500 single 10”G3X, not sure if included AP box.

$3,200 G5 backup

$1,500 New pilot panel cut. 

Quote did not include hourly breakdown  

I already have a 750,345 and 255a

Was this a quote for just the equipment or equipment plus installation?