Game Changer from Bendix King Today!!

Niko182

On 3/31/2019 at 8:02 PM, EricJ said:

One of Garmin's transponders is also a Trig TT31 with a different face plate.    I think the Trig guts are the basis for quite a few transponders.

I have a TT31, and to be fair, while it is usable, it is the worst user interface of all the boxes that are based on it.

I have a KT-74.   I knew when i purchased it that it was re-branded Trig with a different interface and I like the KT-74 interface although some folks complained it was difficult to read with glare. It has been working great.

I like the simplicity and interface of my old KX-155 Nav/Com (even vs. newer Nav/Coms). Hoping it will continue to function.  It has actually been more reliable than the Com of the GNS430 (it hot weather) 

Wish BK could deliver on core technology like it used to

Edited by OR75

23 hours ago, bradp said:

A black hole will open when king has a kt74 which is a rebranded tt31, then gets an axp340, which is a rebranded tt31, and names it something else...

Time is a flat circle 

Ha ha..that wins the total nonsense award for 2019.....congrats!

1 hour ago, LANCECASPER said:

No, the AXP340 is a transponder that Trig makes for Avidyne. The AMX240 is an audio panel by PSnEngineering, made for Avidyne. 

My mistake.  Although I have both, I sometimes get the two mixed up.

Thanks Lance and apology to @bradp

On 4/2/2019 at 11:12 AM, OR75 said:

I have a KT-74.   I knew when i purchased it that it was re-branded Trig with a different interface and I like the KT-74 interface although some folks complained it was difficult to read with glare. It has been working great.

I like the simplicity and interface of my old KX-155 Nav/Com (even vs. newer Nav/Coms). Hoping it will continue to function.  It has actually been more reliable than the Com of the GNS430 (it hot weather) 

I have to admit, the only reason I went for the KT-74 instead of the Trig version was simply because of the number buttons instead of the dial.  Still, the KT-74 has treated me well, and I find it easily legible even in direct sunshine.  I suspect the legibility complaints stem from mounting it high on the panel.

4 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

I have to admit, the only reason I went for the KT-74 instead of the Trig version was simply because of the number buttons instead of the dial.  Still, the KT-74 has treated me well, and I find it easily legible even in direct sunshine.  I suspect the legibility complaints stem from mounting it high on the panel.

Same here. Stupid reason, but I also liked the aesthetics of the kt-74 over the Trig.  Having a kt-76, it was almost a knee jerk reaction to get the 74, and I've been happy with it.

On 4/2/2019 at 2:12 PM, OR75 said:

I

This year’s Sun n Fun exhibition hangars were full of Avionics innovation.  Crowds huddled close to bright displays.    Just not in the King booth.  

Last year I went to get a new car but the Packard and Hudson dealers had closed.  So we got a Tesla.  

Edited by Jerry 5TJ
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Jerry 5TJ said:

This year’s Sun n Fun exhibition hangars were full of Avionics innovation.  Crowds huddled close to bright displays.    Just not in the King booth.  

Last year I went to get a new car but the Packard and Hudson dealers had closed.  So we got a Tesla.  

Shame about Packard, though.  I'd still rather have a '56 Caribbean than a Tesla.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

And let’s not forget about the Tucker Torpedo! A man and his car ahead of their time.

In 1987 I was working in Oakland when Coppola was filming scenes for his movie in front of my office building. They were there for about three days and all day long I would hear their helicopter engines rev up. What most people don't know about the film is that only four or five of the cars were actual real Tucker's, the rest were props made out of a fiberglass shell and bolted to a frame with wheels.

• Like 1