Looking for a Garmin shop around socal? up to 400NM Ish

Niko182

I'm looking for a shop that doesn't have the 7 to 9 month wait so I can just do my ADS-B install (GNX375). I'm in socal and willing to fly about 2 hours, so give or take 400 miles ish. If you know about any shops, please let me know.

11 minutes ago, bonal said:

I believe LASAR is an authorized Garmin shop and it seems most planes I have seen in for minor avionics are turned around pretty quickly but of course that would depend on how much you wanted done 

nothing much. want my kln94 and Kt76C removed, and it replaced with a GNX375. I already have a switch to differentiate GPS from NAV, so I think most of the cabling could still be used, and I don't think it would be a huge project.

I replaced a Narco at165 TSO that went belly up with a used Garmin 327 that I picked up here (thank you) B26 and they completed the change out in just a couple hours works perfectly. Will have them install the GDL82 when in for annual this year  for my B out mandate 

43 minutes ago, bonal said:

I replaced a Narco at165 TSO that went belly up with a used Garmin 327 that I picked up here (thank you) B26 and they completed the change out in just a couple hours works perfectly. Will have them install the GDL82 when in for annual this year  for my B out mandate 

If I did this at Lasar, anyone have any ideas how to get back? my guess was santa rosa being the closest regional airport.

3 hours ago, bonal said:

Very possible you could arrive when they open and fly it home same day. If not We could get you to Santa Rosa it's a 12 minute trip by Mooney

2 hours ago, ilovecornfields said:

I’ve heard good things about the avionics shop at KPOC. Where are you based? I might be able to give you a ride back.

I'll check out both of those shops and let you guys know. I'm at john wayne, so from KPOC its about 20 minutes. Thanks again for the offers.

1 hour ago, stevesm20b said:

I'm also looking to have the same thing done to my Mooney. Remove KT76a and KLN 89B and install Garmin GNX375. Not sure where to have that done. Looking in southwest within 400 miles of Las Vegas.

I've heard that Las Vegas doesn't have very many quality garmin authorized dealers. Neal Avionics in San Diego has a 2 month wait list.

• Like 1

Can't speak about the time-frame for a GNX375 install but AIE--https://www.aieinc.com/ -- at French Valley--F70--installed a G5 for me. The overall wait was three weeks with a two week delay due to shipping the G5 from Garmin. The install was also done immediately following the new year holiday. I lost use of the plane for nine days. 

My home drone avionics shop was booked solid from December to March.

Best wishes for a speedy install...

Edited by jonhop

21 hours ago, stevesm20b said:

I'm also looking to have the same thing done to my Mooney. Remove KT76a and KLN 89B and install Garmin GNX375. Not sure where to have that done. Looking in southwest within 400 miles of Las Vegas.

Im in Vegas also looking to do the 375 to replace my KLN89B. We should find a place and then trade rides to/from the shop. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 4:01 PM, Niko182 said:

nothing much. want my kln94 and Kt76C removed, and it replaced with a GNX375. I already have a switch to differentiate GPS from NAV, so I think most of the cabling could still be used, and I don't think it would be a huge project.

Is the switch the MD41-534 for the KLN89B?  Are you sure that will work?  It’s my understanding that that only works with the 89B according to the install manual. 

2 minutes ago, SantosDumont said:

Is the switch the MD41-534 for the KLN89B?  Are you sure that will work?  It’s my understanding that that only works with the 89B according to the install manual. 

Nope. Its literally just a basic switch. Up is gps. Down is nav.

On 3/30/2019 at 3:22 PM, Niko182 said:

I'm looking for a shop that doesn't have the 7 to 9 month wait so I can just do my ADS-B install (GNX375). I'm in socal and willing to fly about 2 hours, so give or take 400 miles ish. If you know about any shops, please let me know.

Did you check HIgh Desert in Lancaster (WJF) already.  They are popular so it may be a long waiting list.  They did all my avionics work, including ADS-B.  They are a Garmin dealer and closer to you than some other locations listed here.  You can take the Metrolink (which is a long trip, but better than nothing) between Lancaster and Santa Ana if you cannot get someone to ferry you.

-dan