M20A wood wing available.

Let me start by saying, I am not an AI, but I think this guy's wing has meet the end of its service life.  I don't know if a certified mechanic can really make a definitive diagnosis from just a picture.  If he can, that is the guy I want working on my plane.  

image.jpeg

Just now, 1967 427 said:

Let me start by saying, I am not an AI, but I think this guy's wing has meet the end of its service life.  I don't know if a certified mechanic can really make a definitive diagnosis from just a picture.  If he can, that is the guy I want working on my plane.  

image.jpeg

You might need a ferry permit to get it someplace with an experienced wood guy who could make the call.

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Yetti said:

Interesting that the Starboard side has a nasty twist in it.   I would think the ribs and such would hold form without the wood covering.  May be why it got parked.

Maybe is a climate controlled hangar. Not realistic sitting out in the weather for several years.

Funny that a comment was made about the twist in the wing (I guess us pilots think alike).  I say that because the last time he went out for a flight, I was able to catch him as he was getting out of his plane.  I introduced myself as a Mooney guy, and I asked him about the slight visible twist in his right wing.  He introduced himself and stated he had his PH.D. in aeronautical engineering and that he personally generated that twist.  Being an M.E. I tried to keep up with his theory behind the reason he twisted his wing.  (I must admit it went over my head).  He was a really nice guy and a phenomenal pilot.  He offered me a ride, but I just didn't have the time.

5 hours ago, Mark89114 said:

I can't tell if you guys are being sarcastical about the twist in the wing....please use the correct font so I can follow.

Tain't no such thang. But we do have a limited set of emojis to convey a little tone.

• 4 months later...
On 3/31/2019 at 8:10 AM, 1967 427 said:

image.jpeg

My cessna 152 is lives about 100 feet from this airplane, and it makes me cry a little inside every time I see it. 

1 hour ago, RogueOne said:

The reflection of the cloud and nose in the water is nice...

interesting double reflection (shadow) of the plane in the puddle.

Sad to see one like this.:(  Unfortunate unless someone with big pockets and plenty of time decides to take this on it is headed for the scrap pile.:(