Sun N Fun Attendees -- REQUEST

Marauder

If any of you have time and would be willing to do me a favor, I would appreciate if you could stop by LP Aero Plastics and Great Lakes Aero's booths to see what kind of show special they are running for glass for a 1975 F model. Looking for single pane rear windows, two side front windows (with vent windows on both sides) and a 201 windshield.

Just need an idea what discount is being offered and a contact number so I can place an order. In exchange, I promise not to post any more pretty lady pictures for the next, er, ah, 3 months. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

I knew that was coming. How about I twist this around? A daily picture until someone sends the information?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

With that on the table, someone will probably be willing to buy the windows for you...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Between [mention=11034]midlifeflyer[/mention] and me you should get your info. I will be looking to do the same for my J either this year or next.

My J is a year or two after yours, in my case this will be the second time around, I already have the thicker glass, don’t know if that makes it easier or harder.

Tom

So I’m actually thinking about a new 201 window on my C as well. I was looking closely at the windshield and it looks like a pain to replace it. Not much extra room to slide it in. Any idea on how long it takes?

I think we need to put together a group buy. 

55 minutes ago, ArtVandelay said:

My J is a year or two after yours, in my case this will be the second time around, I already have the thicker glass, don’t know if that makes it easier or harder.

Tom

My mechanic and I looked at mine, and he shook his head when he say the windshield was put in with Cherrymax rivets. Suggested I get another windshield retainer as the Cherrymax are not the easiest to get out without messing up the aluminum. So with that in mind, and everything else I am doing to the plane, I have to decide whether to wait another year or so. The poor thing has been down enough over the past 12 months getting avionics, working on interior, etc.. and really needs to be flown more.

My mechanic and I looked at mine, and he shook his head when he say the windshield was put in with Cherrymax rivets. Suggested I get another windshield retainer as the Cherrymax are not the easiest to get out without messing up the aluminum. So with that in mind, and everything else I am doing to the plane, I have to decide whether to wait another year or so. The poor thing has been down enough over the past 12 months getting avionics, working on interior, etc.. and really needs to be flown more.

Same boat, except I was down for engine overhaul.

The windshield retainer is just a flat piece of aluminum, can’t he just remove the old one, use it as a template and cut a new one?

Tom

1 hour ago, ArtVandelay said:

Same boat, except I was down for engine overhaul.

The windshield retainer is just a flat piece of aluminum, can’t he just remove the old one, use it as a template and cut a new one?

Tom

Curved, fitted to the cowling, and dimpled.

I am going to be the one trying to remove it, so if it takes me an extra 20 hours, if I can save having to buy another one, my time is worth it.

5 hours ago, Oldguy said:

A sharp Cobalt #40 and #30 drill bit set and some patience can drill out Cherry max rivets.  Plate nuts and screws would have been nicer.

Clarence

Edited by M20Doc

19 hours ago, Marauder said:

If any of you have time and would be willing to do me a favor, I would appreciate if you could stop by LP Aero Plastics and Great Lakes Aero's booths to see what kind of show special they are running for glass for a 1975 F model. Looking for single pane rear windows, two side front windows (with vent windows on both sides) and a 201 windshield.

You do know that putting 201 windows in your F doesn't just turn it into a J?

8 minutes ago, Marauder said:

How about a little teaser?

6de8ae3deb55d9a513a4eb8aec633013.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Now that's a 201! You can tell by the 201 cowl! And the 201 spinner. And the 201 windshield. Doesn't need to get no retrofit cowl to close that big honker.