What are you looking for ?? Avionics

I have a narco 12D and a king kns80 I’d like to replace with something newer. And free up a gauge hole in my panel. Do have an affordable 430 available? Or something similar. Also have a narco 810 as my secondary radio And a narco ADF on the right panel I’d like to replace with a newer radio it could be the same size as the 810 or take up the space of both the 810and adf. 

Edited by N1994Y

I’m not sure how the cable is yet, the tach failed during my last flight and was wobbling all over the place. It was making a horrible screeching noise then the needle eventually fell off. After while it died all together and no more noise. I’m just looking for a quick fix so I can stay in the air till OSH where I’ll figure out which primary display I want to go with. So anyways I’m sure the tach cable is busted too but thought I’d start with the tach itself and see.

Mike

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nebhuskr123 said:

I’m not sure how the cable is yet, the tach failed during my last flight and was wobbling all over the place. It was making a horrible screeching noise then the needle eventually fell off. After while it died all together and no more noise. I’m just looking for a quick fix so I can stay in the air till OSH where I’ll figure out which primary display I want to go with. So anyways I’m sure the tach cable is busted too but thought I’d start with the tach itself and see.

Mike

Same way my M20C’s tach stopped...

The faulty cable knocked the needle off... bouncing it off the stops...

the wind up was audible as it would start to over speed and slow again...

Replacing the tach, I found the cable problem... the replacement tach came with an extra cable...

I sent the tach out to be OH’d...

They put the needle back in place and didn’t charge anything for the service... This had to be more than a decade ago...

measure the length of the existing cable, it can be purchased at aircraft spruce...

A few bucks today... it might buy you enough time to get to KOSH and see the three or four engine monitor guys up close. 

Or get just a single digital tach if you decide to go one expense each quarter....  CB cost distribution method... :)

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks for the info, turns out the tach as well as the tach cable failed. I actually found a spare tach and had my mechanic put that in, now am looking for the correct cable. Do you happen to know if it is a right lay or left lay on the M20C? I looked on aircraft spruce and its kind of confusing to me how they want to determine which lay it is. I'm planning on just replacing the inner cable.

image.png.97564f7ba9b3cf7210a77e55615d6af8.png