Yay

OHAEDO

Congrats on your first post, Ohaedo!

You are the Man!

You have a great bird, and a fantastic trainer...

Get as much Transition Training as Mike can supply.

Welcome to MooneySpace.

One question, what took so long for your first post? :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Congrats on your first post, Ohaedo!
You are the Man!
You have a great bird, and a fantastic trainer...
Gets as much Transition Training as Mike can supply.
Welcome to MooneySpace.
One question, what took so long for your first post? 
Best regards,
-a-

Thanks bro

I was reading lots of threads and wondering... TMI so to speak. I flew w a Cape Air pilot who steered me towards Mooney for my mission. Got my IFR. Went for it at 225 hrs and I dread rentals and the not knowing of the gremlins inside each. Super glad I pondered and feel I made the right choice. Mooney treated me right on many levels and can’t be happier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Wished I could read a post like this every week. Could you please expand on what things Mooney / Premier? did to make this an enjoyable experience. 
Looks like A/C is on the plane. Any other options to complete race car package?

Sure bro - happy to

Negative - paint shop issues and delays / I figure do it right or not and was patient and persistent. I think the Chinese are driving folks At factory crazy. Can’t say but my nose tells me someone is bringing down the hammer. Good to a point. Probably a low point for Ees now (Speculation)

Positive - GREAT PRODUCT!!!!! They gave me $10k to cover my IFR training and 5 yr bumper to bumper (eg not 3)

So I was patient and nice about it and met nice and friendly people in kind

I also think Elliott is a riot - had him over for family dinner last night as he’s away from home

Good people and good harmonics

• Like 2

Congrats. Looked up your plane on flightaware. She was moving for being down low, that's for sure. One thing that caught my attention is that the altitude seemed to always be reported about 200-300ft above a VFR or IFR altitude and I'm curious if the blind encoder or altimeter may need calibrating. 

Welcome aboard, @pirate! She's a beauty!! We're all happy for you (and jealous on our insides  :P ). Mike's great, absorb as much as you can while he's around.

Hang around all you want. We like pictures . . . . . Post a flight or two in Misc. Aviation section, "Today's Flight in 2019", so we can ride along with you and share the excitement.

Keep having fun, learn lots, enjoy your Mooney and thank your Cape Air friend for pointing you the right way.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FloridaMan said:

Congrats. Looked up your plane on flightaware. She was moving for being down low, that's for sure. One thing that caught my attention is that the altitude seemed to always be reported about 200-300ft above a VFR or IFR altitude and I'm curious if the blind encoder or altimeter may need calibrating. 

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll have them check it out.  I can tell you we were all over the place and I haven't seen such drastic changes in ALT settings within 100 miles of each other.  KBKV at 30.26 and KFXE at 30.12, crazy.  Could be that.

2 hours ago, OHAEDO said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll have them check it out.  I can tell you we were all over the place and I haven't seen such drastic changes in ALT settings within 100 miles of each other.  KBKV at 30.26 and KFXE at 30.12, crazy.  Could be that.

13 hours ago, OHAEDO said:

Got my new Mooney Ultra yesterday and am getting the training by Mike Elliott. Really happy and look forward to sharing my experience w all of you. Best

We have a strong Mooney community here in South Florida. Where are you based?

We have a strong Mooney community here in South Florida. Where are you based?

Awesome - I live in Pinecrest and found a spot at KTMB - so there for now. Would be really fun to connect

3 hours ago, OHAEDO said:

Awesome - I live in Pinecrest and found a spot at KTMB - so there for now. Would be really fun to connect

Most of us are concentrated a bit north, at Executive, Pompano, Perry and Boca, which is where I am based.

Thanks to all.  

Mike has been a joy to work with.  We've laughed a lot and done a lot!  

So he's been keeping me busy.  No gimmies on the landings past 2 days due to x-winds and gusty conditions.  Which is great training of course.  But we've been busy!  I'll make a point of taking PIC's and sending tomorrow as able.

I am around to travel and meet up as the group is able to.

This is wonderful and look forward to this next Chapter.

• Like 2