Dallas / Fort Worth fliers.... airspace question.

Contact center 50 miles east of BYP (recommended), or regional approach on 124.3 near BYP. IFR traffic will be at 7k ft so keep that in mind when you select an altitude. 

Approach will bring you across the north side of DFW and then south to FTW.  The controllers will keep you out of DFW and DAL traffic- they’re very good and friendly.  Keep a sharp eye out for VFR traffic between Denton and airports on the north side, GYI in particular.

Keep in mind that the NE quadrant of the DFW airspace is the busiest.  They’re used to VFR traffic, but be on your toes.  They’ll give you the handoff to the NW approach controller, then to tower.

Have a safe flight!  I like Texas Jet at FTW if you need an FBO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smccray said:

Contact center 50 miles east of BYP (recommended), or regional approach on 124.3 near BYP. IFR traffic will be at 7k ft so keep that in mind when you select an altitude. 

Approach will bring you across the north side of DFW and then south to FTW.  The controllers will keep you out of DFW and DAL traffic- they’re very good and friendly.  Keep a sharp eye out for VFR traffic between Denton and airports on the north side, GYI in particular.

Keep in mind that the NE quadrant of the DFW airspace is the busiest.  They’re used to VFR traffic, but be on your toes.  They’ll give you the handoff to the NW approach controller, then to tower.

Have a safe flight!  I like Texas Jet at FTW if you need an FBO.

Yea, we are going to Texas Jet.  

We will be IFR.  On further looking, it seems I might expect truuk two arrival with RRONY transition. Then just get vectors after truuk. 

2 hours ago, Browncbr1 said:

Yea, we are going to Texas Jet.  

We will be IFR.  On further looking, it seems I might expect truuk two arrival with RRONY transition. Then just get vectors after truuk. 

Looks like they’ll bring you across SASIE even lower.  Keep a sharp eye out for traffic. It can get crazy on the north side.  There are a few tall towers up there (well above 1k ft AGL) so keep an eye out for that as well.  And instrument flight plan should keep you clear.

Controlers are very patient and good to work with.  If you’re IFR, hopefully they’ll keep you above the VFR traffic and bring you into the bravo airspace at 4K ft.  Probably depends on traffic, but either way ATC will take care of you. 

For future readers::  It ended up being super simple.  In anticipation, I filed direct to sasie.  30 miles from sasie they asked me if I have the sasie five star aboard.. I said yes and they asked me to fly it from sasie, which is only a heading after crossing sasie and wait for vectors.  They asked me to slow 20knts, which was a pain, but otherwise was simple.  

• Like 2