Ameri-King AK-451 ELT replacement

VetRepp

I have an Ameri-King AK-451 ELT, I have never had a problem with it - but the FAA has, and it is subject to AD inspection yearly (which is done normally with annual anyway and has always passed) and then replaced when it doesn't pass.

The batteries are 5-yr which will be expired this year. 

1) Does anyone know of replacement batteries? 

2) With no batteries available, the unit will no longer pass and needs replacement. Kannad makes a replacement Ameri-King Retrofit ELT. Does anyone have any experience with this unit? 

or what have others used. 

Thanks in advance for all your collective wisdom

Roger

Thanks, I just now found that also - I'll probably order them since I'll need to replace in next 6 mo and worried about continued availability (and these are TSO'd specifically for the AK-451). It says neither are stocked in either Spruce location , so hopefully they are available.

1 hour ago, VetRepp said:

Thanks, I just now found that also - I'll probably order them since I'll need to replace in next 6 mo and worried about continued availability (and these are TSO'd specifically for the AK-451). It says neither are stocked in either Spruce location , so hopefully they are available.

It did say availability expected early April or 1-2 weeks.  They probably wait until they actually get an order before ordering them from a second supplier.