Whatever happened to..

flyboy0681

On 3/26/2019 at 8:42 AM, Sabremech said:

He probably left MS for the same reasons I left the Mooney FB page. I personally think there’s more little Timmy’s on FB. 

I'm not sure what a little Timmy is?

I am alive and well. Stuff has been happening in my life. I was promoted at work from a 9-1-1 dispatcher to communications supervisor so I'm now up to 60 hours a week. I normally browsed MS on my laptop at work but that died and what little time off I split between sleeping and flying.

I scheduled my IFR checkride- twice, and the weather bunked it, twice. Before I could reschedule she turned into a pickle with annual expiring as well as registration. The Gov't shutdown meant I didnt get my updated registration until February. After that came back, I went into annual and found out I had to replace two cylinders. I *just* got done with the break-in and all is well. Post-SnF I'll be scheduling some refresher lessons and rescheduling my IFR.

I'll post some update pictures and stuff for you guys.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Raptor05121 said:

Little Timmy, for the uninitiated, was a thread started by ScottFromIowa around the summer of 2014. He went on about how liberals destroyed General Aviation in the US and how a little boy named Timmy was going to grow up in a country that we would not recognize, all due to liberals. It went downhill from there, everyone, including myself, came out of the woodwork spouting their own political views. I believe the thread set a MS record for the number of posts, which was well over 125 pages. There were so many insults passed around that the administrator had to throw people out and ultimately close the thread.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, flyboy0681 said:

Little Timmy, for the uninitiated, was a thread started by ScottFromIowa around the summer of 2014. He went on about how liberals destroyed General Aviation in the US and how a little boy named Timmy was going to grow up in a country that we would not recognize, all due to liberals. It went downhill from there, everyone, including myself, came out of the woodwork spouting their own political views. I believe the thread set a MS record for the number of posts, which was well over 125 pages. There were so many insults passed around that the administrator had to throw people out and ultimately close the thread.

Now I'm not going to be able to get the phrase "little Timmy" out of my head.  :D

1 hour ago, jaylw314 said:

Now I'm not going to be able to get the phrase "little Timmy" out of my head.  :D

I can help with that, Maurader could post a few of his favourite pictures, you’ll be cured instantly!

Clarence

1 hour ago, M20Doc said:

I can help with that, Maurader could post a few of his favourite pictures, you’ll be cured instantly!

Clarence

Clarence, you may need a timeout just for posting those electrons...oh the humanity.....  :huh: 

Please don't encourage him....   :lol:;)

Brian

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flyboy0681 said:

Thank you. I’ve been wondering about that but never asked

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

I am alive and well. Stuff has been happening in my life. I was promoted at work from a 9-1-1 dispatcher to communications supervisor so I'm now up to 60 hours a week. I normally browsed MS on my laptop at work but that died and what little time off I split between sleeping and flying.

I scheduled my IFR checkride- twice, and the weather bunked it, twice. Before I could reschedule she turned into a pickle with annual expiring as well as registration. The Gov't shutdown meant I didnt get my updated registration until February. After that came back, I went into annual and found out I had to replace two cylinders. I *just* got done with the break-in and all is well. Post-SnF I'll be scheduling some refresher lessons and rescheduling my IFR.

I'll post some update pictures and stuff for you guys.

Glad to hear you’re still around. Beth and I are down at Spruce right now.  

Tom

On 3/26/2019 at 10:55 PM, DXB said:

Always sad to see a seasoned older pilot have to call it quits. 

Indeed, but no one should feel bad for Bennett. From what I can tell, he's enjoyed a long and adventure filled run. Probably longer than most in aviation.  I'd bet that no matter how challenging, he is making the best of his current situation...

• Like 3