Whatever happened to..

flyboy0681

Pilato? Raptor? Granted they are two totally different people but where’d they go? I miss the anecdotes of the aerial atomized body fluid distribution methods and also Raptors photos. I hope all is well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

José (aka Piloto) got roasted a lot because he would put out some very questionable advice, that he should have known better about.  WD-40 usage, wrong sump valves, advocating trusting 4G weather on his phone while in flight, a cheesy Radio Shack HF radio installation, and lots of other stuff.  He finally left because he got roasted for basically saying that gay marriage was the end of life as he knew it.

I do hope @Raptor05121 stops back again. He had talked about getting his instrument rating and Commercial license, I hope he does and gets a job in aviation.  I think he'd love it.

5 hours ago, flyboy0681 said:

MyNameIsNobody, aka Scott From Iowa?

He hasn't posted since late last year.

You and he used to go at it in the Little Timmy thread, IIRC.  At one point, he called me a snowflake and then "the Left". I'd still like to have a beer with him, though.

Along similar lines, are you still friends with Daver?  Heard from him lately?

1 hour ago, Andy95W said:

You and he used to go at it in the Little Timmy thread, IIRC.  At one point, he called me a snowflake and then "the Left". I'd still like to have a beer with him, though.

The little Timmy thread!  Classic mooneyspace... I love it.

9 hours ago, Andy95W said:

I still speak to Dave regularly and meet occasionally in the Bahamas. Heck of a nice guy, and his wife is a real doll. We make it a point to stay away from politics and have a great time together.

Another person who left this site is Bennett. I believe he suffered a health setback last summer, and as a result, sold the Mooney to the owner of Lasar. I really miss his contributions.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sabremech said:

He probably left MS for the same reasons I left the Mooney FB page. I personally think there’s more little Timmy’s on FB. 

I have given up on all other boards except this one because of the drama. Life is too short to be arguing about Little Timmys and my appendage is longer than your appendage. Yeah, we ain't perfect but what family is?

• Like 12

There is nothing wrong with a little spirited debated and I do miss some posters.  I don’t have time or patience for hateful or spiteful attacks on our fellow pilots.

Clarence

18 hours ago, Andy95W said:

José (aka Piloto) got roasted a lot because he would put out some very questionable advice, that he should have known better about.  WD-40 usage, wrong sump valves, advocating trusting 4G weather on his phone while in flight, a cheesy Radio Shack HF radio installation, and lots of other stuff.  He finally left because he got roasted for basically saying that gay marriage was the end of life as he knew it.

I do hope @Raptor05121 stops back again. He had talked about getting his instrument rating and Commercial license, I hope he does and gets a job in aviation.  I think he'd love it.

Actually his hf install was quite good..no cheesy radio shack install at all.Just a known bullet proof 100 watt icom transceiver with a unique bottom feed long wire mated to an equally bullet proof antenna tuner.

50 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

Raptor is alive and well, regularly posts on Fb.  Ill nudge him to come back to the fold.  :)  

If i ever go quiet on here, dont panic too much, there are a couple of chaps on here who will dm me and make sure all is well, and i really appreciate that.  

The one person ive not seen in a while is husky, the guy learning to fly in a sr22.  

Andrew

Please don't invite him back. He is giving us Cheap Bast%$ds a bad name. Who would have thought you could slice a piece of bread in half and make a sandwich with it? Raptor did. Why that Cheap Bast%$d!!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Please don't invite him back. He is giving us Cheap Bast%$ds a bad name. Who would have thought you could slice a piece of bread in half and make a sandwich with it? Raptor did. Why that Cheap Bast%$d!!

Did he slice the luncheon meat thin enough that you could read the newspaper through it first?

Clarence

MyNameIsNobody was one of the few folks with very strongly held political and other views who I found amusingly grumpy, but not toxic. He often had useful info to impart as well. I do enjoy the civility here but hope there's still room for a few of those people.  I worry about a dystopian future where even questioning the superiority of Garmin avionics will be declared hate speech and get me banned from the board :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, M20Doc said:

Did he slice the luncheon meat thin enough that you could read the newspaper through it first?

Clarence

OK, I've been a little uncomfortable with the thread and talking about people who aren't here, but that made me laugh out loud :lol:

14 hours ago, flyboy0681 said:

Another person who left this site is Bennett. I believe he suffered a health setback last summer, and as a result, sold the Mooney to the owner of Lasar. I really miss his contributions.

I'm the one who was lucky enough to end up with Bennett's aircraft. Dan at LASAR, the head of parts, is a friend of mine, and he knew I'd been shopping for a M20J for a few months (including sending one to LASAR for a PPI that ended up showing unexpected corrosion). Bennett's Mooney was in at LASAR getting an annual inspection done when he made the decision to part ways with it. He mentioned to Dan that he'd likely be sending it down to All American Aircraft when the annual was complete. I gave Bennett a call, we chatted a while, and put together a deal. He was generous enough to have me come by his hangar after the sale closed to pass on a portable O2 system, spare parts, extra headsets, etc., that he no longer needs. A very kind soul.

Edited by bdash
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, bdash said:

I'm the one who was lucky enough to end up with Bennett's aircraft. Dan at LASAR, the head of parts, is a friend of mine, and he knew I'd been shopping for a M20J for a few months (including sending one to LASAR for a PPI that ended up showing unexpected corrosion). Bennett's Mooney was in at LASAR getting an annual inspection done when he made the decision to part ways with it. He mentioned to Dan that he'd likely be sending it down to All American Aircraft when the annual was complete. I gave Bennett a call, we chatted a while, and put together a deal. He was generous enough to have me come by his hangar after the sale closed to pass on a portable O2 system, spare parts, extra headsets, etc., that he no longer needs. A very kind soul.

Always sad to see a seasoned older pilot have to call it quits. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bdash said:

I've had the pleasure of touring his hangar. He was supposed to take me up when I was in San Francisco a couple of years ago but that morning brought a low overcast.

Bennett was also instrumental in negotiating on my and my partners behalf when one of my partners landed long. All he accepted for compensation was a steak dinner.

Kind soul indeed.

5 hours ago, thinwing said:

Actually his hf install was quite good..no cheesy radio shack install at all.Just a known bullet proof 100 watt icom transceiver with a unique bottom feed long wire mated to an equally bullet proof antenna tuner.

Yes, I was disingenuous calling the installation cheesy.  It looked good.

The part that I found cheesy was when I asked about logbook signoffs, 337s, equipment approvals, etc. and he wouldn't provide an answer.  For a guy who has gone to the trouble of getting his long range tanks STCed by the FAA, I know he knows better.  He just didn't feel the need to do the paperwork to make it right, which wouldn't have been that hard.