Game Changer from Garmin Today!!

1 minute ago, Brian E. said:

And do you need a stand alone/new CDI to use with the 375?  Provided you have no other existing glass of course.

Most of the time you add a relay switch that differentiates gps from nav and that just hooks up to the hsi. So it would be hooked up to your hsi in most cases, and you switch between gps and nav.

5 minutes ago, Niko182 said:

Most of the time you add a relay switch that differentiates gps from nav and that just hooks up to the hsi. So it would be hooked up to your hsi in most cases, and you switch between gps and nav.

I"m all classic steam gauges with only a DG... :(

10 minutes ago, nels said:

Thanks, Ross. Any idea on install price?

I got 22 hours from chandler, 40 from howard, and like 43 from lasar.

I just booked a slot in december for a gnx375, a g3x 10.6 with eis, and a gfc500.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Brian E. said:

Old school original...1927426356_5569qleftpanel.thumb.JPG.6ee00fd6e34da9638d1445330670c269.JPG

5569Q right panel.jpg

In this case, you'd add a relay switch in between the CDI and the Nav/comm. And you'd hook up the relay switch to the GPS and the Nav. That switch would decide what would be displayed on the CDI. And make sure you use the CDI with GS. that will allow you to use LPV approaches. so for example if you want to do an ILS, you would select nav on the relay switch, and input the localizer frequency. if you wanted the to do an LPV approach, you'd put the switch to GPS, load the approach, and do the approach. while you're installing that, take an additional 500 to 800 bucks and cut a new panel out. IFR flying with a conventional panel is much easier than with a shotgun panel.

15 hours ago, carusoam said:

Jerry,

Can you find a ground station broadcasting LORAN signals..?

I’m going to ask Alexa...

you might remember these details...

https://www.gps.gov/policy/legislation/loran-c/

Best regards,

-a-

Isn't E-Loran a thing in South Korea thanks to North Korean GPS spoofing/jamming?  Maybe the FAA will mandate equipage for Next-Previous-Gen, after everyone has ADS-B and they're looking for something to do.  The old Loran-C units will still probably only be useful as paperweights then anyway.

45 minutes ago, johncuyle said:

Isn't E-Loran a thing in South Korea thanks to North Korean GPS spoofing/jamming?  Maybe the FAA will mandate equipage for Next-Previous-Gen, after everyone has ADS-B and they're looking for something to do.  The old Loran-C units will still probably only be useful as paperweights then anyway.

If I remember correctly, the faa may be thinking of reintroducing a loran type service.

If I remember correctly, the faa may be thinking of reintroducing a loran type service.

It's being considered as they look to replace VOR's with a more affordable cost solution as a backup to GPS. I suspect their intended date on that will slip big time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk